General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Jacket Alteration...who do you call?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Leather Jacket Alteration...who do you call?

Ok my friend here's where to go. L.A. Harbor look for the Star of the Nile. Tell the captain of this tramp steamer , a man called Ahmed that you need to book passage to Cairo. Tell him you will be willing to help load the cargo and the fare will be many dracmas less.

Once under way and barring no pirate activity the voyage should take approximately 2-1/2 weeks. Bring plenty of bottled water and 2 ply toilet paper as you will find both in short supply onboard. Oh yes, also bring a large coffee can. You will know what it is for shortly after leaving berth.

Upon making port in Egypt you will seek out a one eyed, one legged, one armed, mute shepherd by the name of Lucky. You will use wild hand gestures to convey the fact that you need a camel to get to Cairo.

Seek shelter overnight under the warmth of a large yak. First thing next morning you must start heading west. Leave early before the winds start.

Let the Sphinx be your compass and head 42 deg west by southwest approximately 2.8 km past the landmark.

You will see a toothless woman selling corn on the cob. Do not stop to ponder the irony just ask where to find the Bedouin tent of Kasim the tailor. Seek him out. He will be easy to find as his is the only tent that has a neon arrow pointing to a sign reading oddly enough "Kasim the Tailor". Do not make eye contact but walk into his tent backwards, bowing as you go.

It will be at this time that you realize that dammit you forgot your jacket at home.

Take the next flight to LAX , go home, get the jacket and take it to that guy around the block from your office that everybody raves about. I'm sure he will do a good job.

Have a nice trip and good luck,

Primo

Last edited by Primo; 07-14-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Bluerose

OMG Primo...I'm laughing so hard everyone around me in the office is wondering what I am laughing at....your killing me [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 05-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just trying to help. Let me know if you ever need an excuse to get out of a bar mitvah or need a good excuse to give your boss for being late.

Primo

Old 05-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Bluerose

The funny thing is I rode in with that jacket on this morning. Then I gave it to the guy to alter. Ummmmm...it's now overcast and chilly. Gonna be a cold ride home [&:]

(Actually, I have a gortex jacket and the inner liner from the FXRG but no leather....just thought it was funny)

Old 05-09-2008, 06:56 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Primo................rolling on the floor. That was funny. I just tried on couple new style jackets at the HD shop. Fit in the waist, no fit in shoulders and sleeves too short. Guess I won't be stylin' in Shasta [8D]

Old 05-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Spudster

Primo................rolling on the floor. That was funny. I just tried on couple new style jackets at the HD shop. Fit in the waist, no fit in shoulders and sleeves too short. Guess I won't be stylin' in Shasta [8D]
I usually have the opposite problem...fits in the sholders and the sleeves and not at the waist.

I have long arms and long legs...

Old 05-09-2008, 08:51 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

If you happen to be coming through Daytona Beach..........check in with "Bull Dog Leathers" on Main Street. (the woman eating corn with no teeth can help you.....you will not need a yack since the weather is warm here)

Old 05-09-2008, 09:41 PM
ILTim
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Primo

Ok my friend here's where to go. L.A. Harbor look for the Star of the Nile. Tell the captain of this tramp steamer , a man called Ahmed that you need to book passage to Cairo. Tell him you will be willing to help load the cargo and the fare will be many dracmas less.

Once under way and barring no pirate activity the voyage should take approximately 2-1/2 weeks. Bring plenty of bottled water and 2 ply toilet paper as you will find both in short supply onboard. Oh yes, also bring a large coffee can. You will know what it is for shortly after leaving berth.

Upon making port in Egypt you will seek out a one eyed, one legged, one armed, muteshepherd by the name of Lucky. You will use wild hand jestures to convey the fact that you need a camel to get to Cairo.Seek shelter overnight under the warmth of a large yak. First thing next morning you must start heading west. Leave early before the winds start.

Let the Sphinx be your compass and head 42 deg west by southwest approximately 2.8 km past the landmark.

You will see a toothless woman selling corn on the cob. Do not stop to ponder the irony just ask where to find the Bedouin tent of Kasim the tailor. Seek him out. He will be easy to find as his is the only tent that has a neon arrow pointing to a sign reading oddly enough "Kasim the Tailor". Do not make eye contact but walk into his tent backwards, bowing as you go.

It will be at this time that you realize that dammit you forgot your jacket at home.

Take the next flight to LAX , go home, get the jacket and take it to that guy around the block from your office that everybody raves about. I'm sure he will do a good job.

Primo
Holy crap. That was great.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:49 PM
palmettosunshine
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Primo

Upon making port in Egypt you will seek out a one eyed, one legged, one armed, muteshepherd by the name of Lucky. You will use wild hand jestures to convey the fact that you need a camel to get to Cairo.Seek shelter overnight under the warmth of a large yak. First thing next morning you must start heading west. Leave early before the winds start.

Primo
OMG I think I need a new monitor! You should warn people with a mouthfull of beer prior to reading that post!

Old 05-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: sealbeachbum

There is a shoe repair place near where I live. I collect vintage motorcycle and flight jackets. I have had him do all the work on my jackets including alterations, zipper replacement, and sewing on patches. He does a great job.
Same here. I found a cobbler in Orange that did a great job of alteration and restoration. The jacket is actually better than new - looks new again but is all broken in.