General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will my neighbors hate me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 03:59 PM
bragz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will my neighbors hate me?

Just got my heritage saturday and working out some kinks but getting her roadworthy. Took a few laps around the block and Im looking forward to my future journeys. Now for the big question. I have screaming eagle pipes and while Im sure these arent as loud as some others they are still pretty darn loud and sound nice. Im planning on taking my ride to work every so often once I get some miles in and I live in a neighborhood where the houses are about 5 feet apart. When I leave my house at 5am in the morning do I really want to let it warm up for 5 mins in my driveway and wake up the neighbors or jsut run with the choke (till she gets warm) out jsut to get out of civilization and let em sleep Any tricks out there? See yas all on the road!

Old 02-21-2006, 04:06 PM
mutha
Road Captain
Default RE: Will my neighbors hate me?

i always go for the wake the neighbors a little revelly never hurt..........now as for late at night i kick it up a gear and coast in

Old 02-21-2006, 04:14 PM
sestreet
Intermediate

Hi Bragz,
I leave for work several days a week in the early morning hours (6:00 AM). My neighbor on the driveway side also has a Road King so he's not a problem. I try to start the bike an not make too much noise leaving then when I get out of my neighborhood, all bets are off.

Lowman
Road Warrior

I would always try to get out of there as soon as possible so you don't disturb them - you never know when you might need them on your side.

Me...since I take the train I don't get to ride much in the AM - but when I leave early or come home late, I try to be considerate.

JB

AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Depends. Do you like your neighbors?

I have SE slip-ons and while louder than stock they are not "stupid loud". And rarely would I be running the motor at 5:00 am.

The pipes are just loud enough to let the neighbors know that a HOG lives on their street.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:27 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I leave at 3:45am in the morning and I have rineharts. My neighbors haven't said anything to me so far.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:35 PM
LRonHoover
Banned

Just my .02
About the worst thing you can do with a cold Hawg is get on it and ride off. Best to let it warm up for a few minutes before you take off.

You're waking up your neighbors for work! You're providing a Community Service! And just think, some of those grouchy S.O.B.'s would be a bit less grouchy if they got some extra nookie in the morning before they left for work because of your "neighborliness"

Old 02-21-2006, 04:40 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master

I feel your pain. I just added V&H bigshot longs and now I have to worry about the police here in Germany. Sundays are time for family and no work or loud noise permitted. Guess I better have a block party to ease my worries...

V/r

George

'06 FLSTCI

Old 02-21-2006, 05:09 PM
rvisdew
Road Master

Before I had my scooter, our new neighbor stopped by and said he had a Harley and to let him know if the noise ever bothered us ... I'm thinking, wow, what a nice guy ... The noise never did bother us and now I own one ... We both take it easy coming and going ...

Old 02-21-2006, 05:46 PM
mrbuster
Advanced

I have good naighbors. So I try to keep it down. Not one complaint in many years.

Quick Reply: Will my neighbors hate me?