General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will my neighbors hate me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 07:26 PM
TampaJim
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Will my neighbors hate me?

If you have loud pipes and fire up at 5 AM your neighbors are going to hate you.

I have three bikes and should be understanding but If you did that next door to me I would hate you. [:@]

Old 02-22-2006, 09:14 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpeedsterX

Ok, Here's what you do:

The first week, take the muffler off your car. I mean TOTALLY take it off! Warm that up for at least 15 minutes, revving her up once every 2 minutes. Turn the music up LOUD (rap is preferable for this, although IT SUCKS!) Of course, slam the doors every time you get in and get out to rev her up. Now, as you drive down your driveway and down the street, HONK (numerous times) and wave back towards the house as if the wife is waving back. You have to YELL "Bye honey, I love you too!!", "See you after work!!!!". Do this for at least one week.

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] LMFAO THIS IS A KILLER!!!!![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 02-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Pauljr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my neighbors once asked me to try and be quiet when I rode my bike . HE DOESN'T ASK ME ANYMORE !!!!!
And up here in Canada we can't wake up the neighbours in the winter with our bikes so
I installed the Banks 4" Monster exhaust on my Diesel truck. Man does that ever sound cool on a minus 30 degree day at 6 am.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7456/276DD266967F4906B89AD79824217419.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2006, 11:22 PM
RetroHarley
Tourer

This must be you then......the neighbor leaving right click this link and download and play, you'll die!!! And it's a safe link, no virus.

(be careful, make sure the kids aren't around or your not at work, but do turn the speakers up)

Old 03-01-2006, 01:34 AM
SpeedsterX
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: RetroHarley

This must be you then......the neighbor leaving right click this link and download and play, you'll die!!! And it's a safe link, no virus.

(be careful, make sure the kids aren't around or your not at work, but do turn the speakers up)
Eddy Murphy movie, (Coming To America) with a Harley soundbite added.

PERFECT! JUST PERFECT!
HILARIOUS! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2006, 11:10 AM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer

ORIGINAL: RetroHarley

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 03-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Just treat your neighbor like you would like him to treat you.

That works for me

Old 03-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Jular2
Road Captain

My neighbors already hate me and any other "BIKER" types because any 2 wheel vehicle over 50cc is BANNED--BANNED from parking in the garage--I live in a 25 story high rise in Hallandale, Florida and unless I want to park it outside I have to rent a storage unit--which I do do--DODO LOL

Old 03-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Crankshaft
Road Warrior

When I first brought my bike home, the people either side of me were straight out to see what was making the noise. Here we go, I thought, time for an ear battering, but, before I could say a thing, I got 'Wow, you've got a Harley, that's a real bike you've got there!', followed by very close inspections all round. Maybe I was just lucky, but I do keep the revs down around where I live and get just smiles and waves as I come and go. That's very strange for here (G.B.) as we're strangled by E.E.C. noise regulations, which makes my exhaust totally illegal. Even the local police don't bother me so long as I keep it down around residential areas. Most people are reasonable if you show a little consideration and if you do, hopefully there will be no problems.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:21 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you tried actually talking to your neighbours about this? There's nothing worse to contend with than a pi$$ed off neighbour. They can be just nasty. Extend the common courtesy of speaking to them about this. It would be the right thing to do, if you ask me.

Honestly, I have to tell ya, my one neigbour's driveway is right under my bedroom window. He built this new house next to me 2 yrs ago. If he did THAT every morning at 5:00 am....I wouldn't be too pleased about it. Once in a while, I could tolerate...but everyday...Not bloody likely!