General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will my neighbors hate me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 01:09 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Will my neighbors hate me?

Bragz: Several recent medical studies have proven that sleeping too much is harmful to your health.......therefore firing up a TC88 in your driveway at 5 am is not only helpful it is downright a public service and is bona fide evidence just how much you really care about your neighbors! If there are a lot of childern around then you should definitely go Stage 1 as it not only tests their hearing and reflexes as you approach your driveway....it helps their parents live longer by raising heart rate and blood pressure.

My housing development has 37 homes and there are 4 other caring "helpers" like me firing up Harley Davidsons at all hours to prevent these helpless narcoleptics from slipping off into an early and untimely death. God bless you and yours for caring

Sincerely, KB[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 02-22-2006, 01:30 AM
MrD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, agree with others. Main thing is not to rackem up!! That might seem like you are doing it intentionally to them...

Old 02-22-2006, 03:09 AM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jezcruzen

Here's a suggestion - Stage it so that your neighbors see you bite the head off a chicken while standing out in your front yard. [:@] (Hamsters work, too, but they don't give the visual effect that a flopping chicken does, nor are they visable at distance). Follow up by giving your neighbors a vacant stare. If successful, the last thing your neighbors will complain about is your motorcycle! []

[PROCED AT OWN RISK! Suggesting party denies all responsibility. Results may vary according to event location, time of day, level of intoxication or any other previous unidentified factors]
[sm=funnypostabove.gif] LMAO

Old 02-22-2006, 11:22 AM
DMSC
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Jezcruzen

Here's a suggestion - Stage it so that your neighbors see you bite the head off a chicken while standing out in your front yard. [:@] (Hamsters work, too, but they don't give the visual effect that a flopping chicken does, nor are they visable at distance). Follow up by giving your neighbors a vacant stare. If successful, the last thing your neighbors will complain about is your motorcycle! []

[PROCED AT OWN RISK! Suggesting party denies all responsibility. Results may vary according to event location, time of day, level of intoxication or any other previous unidentified factors]
Totaly sick!

Old 02-22-2006, 11:54 AM
BluegrassBuck
Advanced

I wouldn't worry about the neighbors. After a year or two of coming home at 3 AM, beer bottles clanking in the trash can, and the echo of the 22 rifle they will get tried and move - mine did!

Old 02-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,862 Likes on 807 Posts

As long as you don't get on the throttle hard, you should be ok.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-22-2006, 02:49 PM
05FXD
Road Captain

I have a Dyna with Vance & Hines Straight Shots ,and all last summer I would ride my bike into work at 2:30 AM 2 or 3 times a week . Never had a single complaint from any of the neighbors.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:18 PM
electricuter
Cruiser

I never worry what my neighbors think of me or the noise that my Road King makes when I leave or arrive.Never had a complaint but one even I left and there was a cop in my neighborhood and heard me,he caught upto me at a stop ssign and he got out,here I thought he pull me over for speeding in a residential area but no, he wanted to see my ride and asked me he was curious why I cranked it up by my house at 1:00 am!I told him there were some cats on the road so I had to scare them away!He laugh and says "yep thats a good reason".When it comes to Harleys here the cops are cool its people that ride crotch rockets and their atitude.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:46 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like said before, let your cycle warm up for a few min and then take it easy on your way out of your neigbor hood. I live about a 1/4 mile or so down the street from a busy road , and once in a while I'll take off from the stop sign and open up 1st & 2nd gear just to let the neighbors around my house know how nice I really am My wife say's she can still here me several blocks away.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:01 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I like this thread!

I leave around 6:30 in the morning. I fire her up as I'm backing her out of the driveway and let the garage door close. I take off easily and try not to make much noise. After I get to the main street I Open her Up a bit! But My neighbors wont be affected by that.

When coming home, however, I come in easily and roll into my garage. I then blip it while in the garage just to give them a taste of what it could be and shut her off.

I'm sure they like me much more than the metric bikes that are tearing up and down the street, over reving and doing wheelies and wheel stands.

Quick Reply: Will my neighbors hate me?