General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will my neighbors hate me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will my neighbors hate me?

The fact that you even cared enough to post this mean your neighbors should be just fine - I never rev mine up or make nosie for the sake of making noise - I let me bike (It's FI no carb) warm up for at least 2 or 3 minutes and I quietly pull out - I live on a cul de sac, Have pythons and some engine work but I sneak out as quietly as I can and when I come home I try to glide in in neutral - I pay the same taxes as everyone else and put up with things that annoy me also - Live and let live (But I also make sure I am the first one out there with the snow blower and I do every house on the end - I ain't no fool either) heheheheh)

Old 02-21-2006, 08:29 PM
kyjohn
Advanced

i have drag pipes on my bike and within the 1st week the neibor across the street was complaining it was to loud and that was on a sat. in the afternoon all i had to say to him was sorry theres nuthin i can do thats a harley for ya bet you wish you had one and he hasnt said anything since

Old 02-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Maniac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

It used to bug me to cause I leave the house at about 6:30 and I have some really cool neighbors, especially now in the winter when I'll take a few minutes to let it warm up. But I figured what the hell, I like riding to much to care.

Old 02-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Bro,your neighbors hated you before you got the scoot[sm=joke.gif]I have straight pipes with no baffles.So while some of you guys are setting off car alarms I'm breaking windows.I thought for sure I was goona hear it from my neighbors,But to my surprise nothing yet.When you leave in the morning be as quiet as possible.Make sure your scoot is warmed up before you leave.What would you rather ruin,the neighbors friendship(they probably talk behind your back anyway,hell we all do it).Or would you rather ruin your scoot.Bottom line if your going to worry about your neighbors that much,you won't enjoy the bike

Old 02-21-2006, 08:49 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, you just might have some that like that HD sound, you never know, you might have some neighborhood riding buddy's before too long.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:46 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We're lucky. Our neighboors are really cool! My brother and his fiance live on one side. His fiances best friend on the other side. And my best friend directly across the street

Now when we go on rides on the weekend everyone meets at our house. Nothing like 8 or 9 bikes warming up at 6:30 am to **** the neighbors off....even if it is my brother.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:21 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem, my driveway is 5 feet from the neighbors house. They are pretty cool about stuff and have never complained, other than to say keep the bike in the garage if their son-in-law visits them (he wants a Harley) so I try to be as quiet as possible at 5:00am.

Just let it warm up while you close the garage door and take off slowly. The neighbors should know you're not trying to wake them in the wee hours of the morning. Especially if you get on it once and a while during the day.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:56 PM
mpemulis
Advanced

You never really know what they might think either. We live in a similar situation with clooooose neighbors. Down the street there's a guy with a roadking with a really nice sound to it. When he goes by in the morning we can hear it everywhere in our house. And, you know what, it's the best sound all morning!

Until we fire up our own bikes of course!

So who knows, maybe at least some of your neighbors will think it's cool.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:26 AM
1Fatking
Advanced

Here is what you need to do
You need to go to all of the houses that you ride by in the morning and tell them that you are
going to provide a great service to their community for a small price$$$$.
You are going to ride by their house very early and very loud so now they can get rid
of their alarm clocks.
they will either laugh at you or be really afraid of you. but I bet you they will not come to you and complain!

Old 02-22-2006, 01:05 AM
SpeedsterX
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO!!!! You all knew I HAD to respond to THIS!!!!

Ok, Here's what you do:

The first week, take the muffler off your car. I mean TOTALLY take it off! Warm that up for at least 15 minutes, revving her up once every 2 minutes. Turn the music up LOUD (rap is preferable for this, although IT SUCKS!) Of course, slam the doors every time you get in and get out to rev her up. Now, as you drive down your driveway and down the street, HONK (numerous times) and wave back towards the house as if the wife is waving back. You have to YELL "Bye honey, I love you too!!", "See you after work!!!!". Do this for at least one week.

Now,,

Even if someone has said something to you or not, write one letter addressed to all neighbors and make enough copies. APOLOGIZE, APOLOGIZE, APOLOGIZE!!Tell them how sooooooooooo sorry you are to have been sooooooooooo rude and insensitive and promise, NO, SWEAR to them that from now on, you will keep it down to the low, sweet rumble of the most calming noise brought from heaven and made by man. Your very respectful HARLEY!!

LOL!!!! Hell, they probably wouldn't mind if you even cracked her open now and then!

Good motoring![sm=morning.gif] and Good Morning!

Quick Reply: Will my neighbors hate me?