General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will my neighbors hate me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:55 PM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Will my neighbors hate me?

I have SE slip ons on my RK and they don't seem to bother anybody. They aren't really loud unless you crank on it. I think they will respect you if they think you are trying to keep a HARLEY quiet. How many times has that happened? Every now and then you can just ease away from the house and then GET ON IT just so they can see what you could have done if you weren't trying so hard to be nice.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:01 PM
bragz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think I'll go the route of hitting my close neighbors with the lemmie know if it bothers ya speech. I could also go around hte corner cause there is a school and sit in the parking lot for 5 mins away from the houses. School doesnt start ill 830 so noone should be around. thx for the tips.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member

Here's a suggestion - Stage it so that your neighbors see you bite the head off a chicken while standing out in your front yard. [:@] (Hamsters work, too, but they don't give the visual effect that a flopping chicken does, nor are they visable at distance). Follow up by giving your neighbors a vacant stare. If successful, the last thing your neighbors will complain about is your motorcycle! []

[PROCED AT OWN RISK! Suggesting party denies all responsibility. Results may vary according to event location, time of day, level of intoxication or any other previous unidentified factors]

Old 02-21-2006, 06:05 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

Wife and I have Pythons on BOTH bikes. We try to be careful and thoughtful of our neighbors. No one has complained and I haven't asked. Been in this house 32 years and get along with all the neighbors. Avoid burn-outs before 9am on the weekends and you won't have a problem.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:10 PM
05FXSTBI
Cruiser

I leave for work a 6 am, I ride the scoot to work when I can. I live in a community where the houses are veeeery close. My neighbors really could care less. I guess I am fortunate to live around people who can live with a little noise in their life.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:19 PM
ronn39
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bragz

Think I'll go the route of hitting my close neighbors with the lemmie know if it bothers ya speech. I could also go around hte corner cause there is a school and sit in the parking lot for 5 mins away from the houses. School doesnt start ill 830 so noone should be around. thx for the tips.
You gave yourself the best advice on here, bragz. I was going to suggest rolling it down into someone else's neighborhood and rile them up, but the close-by school sounds like your best opt. You might even do the school a favor and wake up the janitor.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:03 PM
BigDaddy_n_va
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

I have SE currently and have had no problems, I ask my closest neighbor one day if it bothered him and he said no. But he said he has no problems hearing it when it starts.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:38 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No need to get anymore folks thinking about noise ordinances with our scoots. Screaming Eagles aren't that loud so I would let the bike warm up for a few minutes with the back-end pointed towards my house, apartment, or whatever, and then I would leave very cautiously.

Just my $.02.

Old 02-21-2006, 08:05 PM
UncleMike
Road Master

I don't really care for any of my neighbors so it wouldn't bother me one bit if it bothered them immensely. I'm also retired so I don't get up that early either. I need to get some louder pipes these SE ll's just aren't loud enough..

Old 02-21-2006, 08:20 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have SE II slip ons also and I leave for work at 6:00 am also.No complaint from neighbors yet,but I dont get on it either[sm=biker2.gif]

Quick Reply: Will my neighbors hate me?