General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions requested

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Opinions requested

ORIGINAL: 06dynablack

just did a thread search on him .this is latest on him sounds like he gona give your money back.
08 FLHT

No, Im done with this jerk. He had his chance to man up and clean up his mess. Im not about to trust him any further and let him screw me over again, and no-one else is gonna get stuck with his junk pipes either.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2745074/m...tm.htm#3335329

Old 05-08-2008, 10:13 AM
06dynablack
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ww1flyingace

ORIGINAL: 06dynablack

just did a thread search on him .this is latest on him sounds like he gona give your money back.
08 FLHT

No, Im done with this jerk. He had his chance to man up and clean up his mess. Im not about to trust him any further and let him screw me over again, and no-one else is gonna get stuck with his junk pipes either.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2745074/m...tm.htm#3335329
Yeah cant hardly blame ya! If he was a man hed tell ya to keep the mufflers and refund the coin to you.Anyways he has made a lasting impression of himself to everyone on this brd not to be associated with.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my opinion there is no way that any of the descriptions below acurately reflect what you received:

I purchased a set of used slip-ons from the classifieds. These were described in the ad (and I QUOTE) as being:

1. excellent condition
2. ridden for very few miles
3. just about brand new

and in another ad (for the same pipes) as LNIB (Like new in box?)

Hope you work it out - one way or another. This Dude deserves whatever 'stuff' he gets.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:56 AM
sportncruise
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You think you got screwed.
Back in 06 I was getting laid off and a ex police officer was opening a bike shop in my area. I told him of my situation and he offered to have me come in with him as a partner in the business.
We talked about it a few times about details etc and he wanted $50,000.
I came up with the money and he then changed his mind saying he didn't want to have to share the profits with someone that didn't have as much invested.
I suggested I just come in as a manager and we agreed that in the beginning I would work for free for a few months until the shop got up and running but also agreed that when he started paying me it would be a certain amount. He and his wife agreed.
Then he asked if I would give some money for startup for parts and such. I gave him $5000 but also indicated I wanted to be able to get the money back. He said through sales and such.
We always discussed charges of items, work being done on bikes, how much he charged etc. How else would I be able to deal with customers if I didn't know charges and work done.
One day I asked about a bike and how much we charged only out of curiosity.
His wife didn't like my asking.
He then said he didn't like my asking and offered to pay me $6.00 hr. Now realize our first agreement was $50,000 a year. Now he wants to pay me $6.00 hr just so I won't ask what they are charging so now he has something over me, as he is paying me now.
I immediately told him no deal and I wanted my $5000 back.
He first said my money was a gift, then he said he and his wife would give it to me just because of all the work I had done with them over the past 3 months.
Guess what, 1.5 years later and I have heard nothing and I don't expect to.

When I went into this with him I trusted him because of who he was in the community.
My wife and friends didn't want me to do anything with him unless in writing. I knew he wouldn't do anything in writing but felt I could trust him. Man was I wrong and an expensive lesson learned.

No one will ever get me like this again.
Consider your $100 a charity! I did!

Old 05-08-2008, 06:40 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Ya know what, screw it. Its not worth the aggravation. Hope he enjoys the money.

Post deleted.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Fishrdr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty rusty on the welds for like new.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:49 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

I don't know but I see things a little differently here. The pipes were not as advertised, you wanted to return them & the seller didn't have a problem with that & was going to refund your $ & hopefully the return shipping. He was going away so it would take a little more time to get your refund. Case closed, send them back & your whole in 2 weeks. Your demanding that he refund the $ before he gets them back was out of line too, just like his description was. This mess really wasn't necessary.

Now if you didn't get the refund, flame away at him. My 2 cents.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:38 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Golfblues,

Normally, I would never expect, nor ask for, a refund before the return. But when a seller shafts me to THIS extent, I believe he can go the EXTRA mile to make it right with me. If you think thats out of line, thats fine. Your opinion.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:03 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

ORIGINAL: ww1flyingace

Golfblues,

Normally, I would never expect, nor ask for, a refund before the return. But when a seller shafts me to THIS extent, I believe he can go the EXTRA mile to make it right with me. If you think thats out of line, thats fine. Your opinion.
This isn't any different then ebay,any internet purchase or even a retail purchase. You get a refund when the product is returned. I think the sellers description was out of line but I also think tour demands were over the top too. That is my opinion and as your title to this thread states "opinions requested".

Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

No prob man, your right. I ASKED for opinions.

Quick Reply: Opinions requested