General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions requested

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 12:02 AM
06dynablack
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Opinions requested

need a name here we doso everyone knows who it is

Old 05-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell, beatin' him with them wouldn't make 'em look any worse than the shape they were in when you received 'em.
I can find ones in better shape rootin' through the dumpster behind the local dealer.

CN

Old 05-08-2008, 12:25 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

just follow the link I posted....you'll see the transaction

Old 05-08-2008, 12:35 AM
ConnMan
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be callin' ina favor to the "home-boy network". And, I promise you, someone would be wakin' up to a car with no windows.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:35 AM
DanDeuce
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are obviousely not in excellent condition BUT , I took my stock pipes / SE slip-ons off at around 2K miles and a month or two old , they were worse ! The header pipes were ridiculas , could not tell until they came off because of the heat shields , no amount of chrome polish would clean them up either !
I personally would not buy used parts online unless the seller posts a real clear picture . I would just chalk this one up as a learningexperience and move on , although I would post the sellers info .

Old 05-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Ace I was just thinking.................it sounds like you've got to a place with this whole thing so far as just eating it and moving on..........but by chance were the pipes sent to you via US mail? I know if it was you could get the postal department invovled in this thing pretty easily...........mail fraud is a very big no no and they will **** all over him for this! Not sure if there's a way to go with this if it's UPS or Fed Ex, but probably at least worth a phone call or a little research. Real sorry man. I hate seeing people screwed over like this by some pos dirtball Best of luck
Troll

Old 05-08-2008, 08:46 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

They were shipped via UPS.

Honestly, at this point my only interest is that this guy does not rip off anyone else. Its not about the money anymore.

I take great pains to be fair and accurate when I sell something online, and this kind of B.S. REALLY sets me off. Especially the inference that somehow I may have caused the condition of the pipes "did you mount or run them".

In my opinion, He either:

1. Knew damn well the pipes were crap, in which case this is fraud.

2. Didn't actually know their condition, in which case what the hell is he doing stating their condition as "excellent" and selling them as such?

Old 05-08-2008, 09:18 AM
06dynablack
Road Warrior

just did a thread search on him .this is latest on him sounds like he gona give your money back.

RE: Sporter stuff from 2007 1200R - 5/8/2008 3:23:12 AM

showPicture("5/8/2008 3:23:12 AM",0,0,0,2745074,292)

Jehu

titleAndStar(406,0,0,false,",")
Senior Rider

[align=center][/align]
Cycle Shack slip-ons will be available again. WW1FLYINGACE bought them, said he is not happy as he saw bluing.He will get a full refund.

When I get them back I will post pics and offer them again.

Hitting the road for about a week, Myrtle Beach, Deals Gap, BRP - should have the pipes back and pics up when I return.

08 FLHT

Old 05-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Jumpman
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: ww1flyingace

They were shipped via UPS.

Honestly, at this point my only interest is that this guy does not rip off anyone else. Its not about the money anymore.

I take great pains to be fair and accurate when I sell something online, and this kind of B.S. REALLY sets me off. Especially the inference that somehow I may have caused the condition of the pipes "did you mount or run them".

He either:

1. Knew damn well the pipes were crap, in which case this is fraud.

2. Didn't actually know their condition, in which case what the hell is he doing stating their condition as "excellent" and selling them as such?
I looked thru the link that was posted...and Jehu has a lot of bikes listed in his signature...Seems to me that if someone has owed that many scooters...he would know something about pipes.

Just my opinion, as I have never dealt with him directly, I can only draw a conclusion based upon what I have seen here. That said... It sounds like he was trying to make a buck, and mis-represented the product. I expect stuff like that on E-bay...but you would think someone who has visited this forum (even somewhat regularly) would know better than to do that kinda ****.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member

Ace, I am right there with you. I agree with everything you posted, I have bought things off this site and sold thing's as well. I list things exactly as they are and expect the same in return. As a matter of fact, I bought a pair of bars yesterday, for my fatboy and he sent me a pic. The guy needs to take responsibility, and give you your money now! That is BS, when I get back, send a note, F that. He had no problem taking your money, now be a man and give it back. Those pipes are ****. There are enough good, honest people here, screw him. We know his name now and no one should trust anything about this *****. What a piece of garbage........Hopefully he is reading this and seeing what a dick everyone thinks he is and that will also cause him to do the right thing. On theother hand he sold you that junk and lied, so only time will tell. Good luck. By the way I have some like new slip ons for your street glide if you want them for $100. LOL, good luck man...

Quick Reply: Opinions requested