General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There are good people

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: There are good people

ORIGINAL: pscheval

if everyone tried to be a good person, what a world this would be!
Amen to that! The sad part is, we wouldn't even have to try that hard. Doing what that old couple did is not hard at all and the rewards they got from LilBudyWizer's gratitude was worth "way, way" more than the $20 he offered them.

LilBudyWizer, if you really want to repay them, then take them up on that offer to drop by from time to time. You didn't say how old they were, just that they weren't bustin' rich. It's not uncommon for folks to loose track of friends after they retire to whatever property they've arranged for themselves. It's also possible that many of their life long friends aren't around any more, if they're old enough, so maybe they're just looking for a little company every once in a while. I'm certain that it would mean the world to them if you'd check in on them from time to time and I'd bet you'd be surprised at the benefits you'll receive from it too! Glad you got your wallet back.

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:21 PM
xmarine
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Tinkermc

there are still honest people around, glad you found some. you could snail mail them a gift card for a local eatery.
This one gets my vote!
xmarine

Old 05-07-2008, 03:51 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Your right there are a lot of good people out there.I see it everyday doing what I do for a living.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

glad I read this as I needed it after my near death on purposeexperience from a cager this morn'g. [:'(]
yes, spend some time w/the old timers, heck u might learn sumthin. like u said they may be a bit lonely and we can all use those type of friends.

thanks for sharing.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:40 PM
1goindiesel
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Wizer, thanks forsharing your experience. Truly, the world is full of good people, they just do not usually get the headlines. These people already know that doing good comes back many,many more times than the expended effort for originalthe good deed.Pay it forward!!

Old 05-07-2008, 07:58 PM
rlyons
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then there are the others. I found a wallet on the side of the road when riding near my home a while back. Looked inside and the address was just down the road from my house. I took it to them and the lady proceeded to open the wallet and then accused me right there of stealing the money out of it. Really, would I return it to them if I stole the money? I knew someone probably stole the wallet, emptied it and through the window onto the road but I was not going to argue with her. I guess us bikers are all bad like they say.[:@]

Old 05-07-2008, 08:13 PM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool.
Hope good things come their way.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:21 PM
txgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story and glad you spent some time but don't take no for an answer. Send them a gift certificate to a local restaurant or something with a note.

I was on a trip to Ohio and had a primary leak. Perfect stranger took me to his house and topped me off with oil since the Harley shop was closed. He wouldn't take anything either but when I got back I did send him a quart of primary oil and a local shopr T shirt just to say thanks.

Glad it worked out for you

Old 05-07-2008, 10:16 PM
treeboy97Flht
Advanced

It helps to read these posts, I know that this country is not as bad as the media makes it out to be.
God Bless America

Old 05-08-2008, 01:37 AM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I plan to send them a fruit basket from Harry and David. I know, it sounds a strange gift, but my wife started giving them out years ago and everyone always loves them. I also plan to stop in and say hello. I would go out of my way to visit them, but as it is I'll be going right past their house quite a bit.

Quick Reply: There are good people