General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you know this guy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 02:21 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Do you know this guy?

Hey Jump, I get ya. Seems there a lot of sensitivity here...I've been riding street bikes now for over 33 years, half on Harleys, the other on you name it. I've worn my HD jacket on my R1 and worn a Ducati shirt on my HD. I never really gave a rip about making sure my outfit was coordinated with my bike-I think my wife calls that 'matchy-match'. I know exactly what you are talking about-the milk-toast guy that suddenly buys the HD with all the matching clothing accessories and gets the 'tude to match. I don't waste time on those. I'm the same guy no matter what I'm riding. Oh, I did ride my BMW over to the BMW store the other day with my HD shirt on...the sales guy wanted to know why I wasn't wearing a BMW shirt-told him 'cause BMW shirts suck-boring. Was that my bike 'tude showing? Ahhh, who cares, just ride. If the pirate outfit makes you happy, then wear it and be like all the other 'non-conformists'.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:22 PM
harleydude68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JDRay

I walked into work this morning dressed head-to-toe in black leather riding gear with a serious case of helmet hair. The boss looks at me, "Did you ride in this morning?"

I looked down at myself and said, "No, I wear all this to ride the bus. Can't be too careful, you know."
LOL - "Here's your sign"

Old 05-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Jumpman
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: golfblues

I play golf a lot & get my outfits mixed up sometimes. It was really hard teeing off with my boots last week but my fingerless gloves were great for gripping. I got to admit, I looked pretty silly.

Thats funny.

That made me think about when I got my first 'streetbike'.When I was 17 (damn, that was 20 years ago- I feel old) I picked-up a used Honda750 Interceptor. Pops didnt have a bike at the time...so it was not uncommon for him to take it out for a ride. Well one Saturday morning (he didn't tell me he was taking my bike) I hear the motor fire-up and I thought someone was stealing it. I ran out to the front to see him pulling away with his colf clubs over his shoulder. Was pretty interesting...and I have yet to see another rider rider carrying his 'sticks'.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:29 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ken01976

I like to kill people. Does that make me a bad person?
+1 Besides that, HD does not make clothes, they make bikes. If they made clothes I might own some. I don't care who wears what where or when, as long as they stay far away from me with those gay chaps.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:32 PM
harleydude68
Road Master

During the day I am dressed for work - Casual slacks, collared shirt, belt, usually a pair of loafers with colored socks. - geek right? Then I come home -jump into my retro phone booth and (chime superman music) da-da-daaaaa.... Hd boots, jeans, HD t-shirt, Americana head wrap, sunglasses, riding gloves, leather jacket,leather thong (just kidding) and I throw my leg over the RK and VRRRRROOOOOOOMMMMMMM - Away I go.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:36 PM
tideglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ken01976

I like to kill people. Does that make me a bad person?
Define "bad".

Old 05-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Bear64
Banned

Lets see, everything I own has Harley Davidson, even on my wife, she also has property of Bear tattooed on her lower back, when I dress up, its a clean HD t-shirt, clean doo rag and polished HD Boots, and the question was?? did I change when I bought my bike??, I bought my first Harley back in 1958, did I change, you bet, I went from riding the bus to riding my motorcycle. and I have been riding ever since..to some I'm a pirate, to some I'm Dad, Father, Sweety, wifes name for me, Bottom line on all this crap, clothes nor the bike make the man or women, its whats inside that counts..who cares what others wear? as long as they don't get in my face, I'm cool with everybody and everything..

Old 05-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

To answer your first question, NO!

Old 05-06-2008, 05:11 PM
higg47
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+ 1 .....

Good response Joe......Sometimes I think we take ourselves too
seriously. Live and let live. Still fun to read some of the rants.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:24 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to buy an outfit to join the local hog chapter but they booted me. Wouldn't ride with a guy wearing an eye patch.

Quick Reply: Do you know this guy?