General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you know this guy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:48 AM
swilsondds
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you know this guy?

I'm with Twiggy my, AZ sister, and Tony. This stuff just makes me happy. While I'm not riding with pink tops or braids on my lid...I have no problem with anyone who does. The guys that go overboard...great...have a fookin' ball with it. They will mellow and laugh at how jacked up they used to be when they first bought the bike. I love my bike, I love riding it with my sons and my old lady. I'm sure some that know me would say I'm overboard with passion. Maybe someday I'll be overboard with stuff also. For now the ride is enough.

Ride safe all!!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 10:49 AM
LeadSlinger0311
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: irishviking

Why does this matter? Are you trying to justify your own behavior? or do you feel guilty for not changing in some way? Seriously dude live your own life, ride your own ride and stop consuming your yourself with how others look and act. I dont pretend to speak for anyone else but me but lighten up about trying to identify RUB's ect, life is too short, there is a finite number of days you will be able toride in your lifetime, get out and ride!

+1

Old 05-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Greetings....new here and introduced myself in the noob forum.....I've been lurking, reading and searching for a while now....

I completed the MSF course last weekend and passed the DMV test yesterday....going to buy a new Heritage today.

I also bought: HD half helmet, gloves, long sleeve shirts, shades, boots, biker wallet, leather skullcap, and a great leather vest. (I've always wanted one of those anyway)

Yes, I'm a new Harley rider. I'm a corporate weenie. I don't have the tatoos (nor will I), nor will my attitude change other than more enthusiasm for riding with any and all who'll ride with me.

I don't care if others think I'm a poser, noob, or whatever derogatory term...I do what pleases me and could care less what others think. Some will like me and ride/hang with me, some won't. That's life. I'm not pretending to be something I'm not. I bought the clothes and gear because I like it, without any concern of what others may think. My bike, my outfit, my life.

Do what pleases you, not everyone else.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:52 AM
JDRay
Cruiser

I walked into work this morning dressed head-to-toe in black leather riding gear with a serious case of helmet hair. The boss looks at me, "Did you ride in this morning?"

I looked down at myself and said, "No, I wear all this to ride the bus. Can't be too careful, you know."

Old 05-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Jumpman
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: irishviking

Why does this matter? Are you trying to justify your own behavior? or do you feel guilty for not changing in some way? Seriously dude live your own life, ride your own ride and stop consuming your yourself with how others look and act. I dont pretend to speak for anyone else but me but lighten up about trying to identify RUB's ect, life is too short, there is a finite number of days you will be able toride in your lifetime, get out and ride!
Dude... didn't mean to rattle your cage so hard.

First, I didn't say a damn thing about the biker 'lifestyle' being a bad thing...or did I try to start a thread to identify RUB's. In fact - I believe my post said that I was weary of seeing those posts.

Second, I'm not trying to be a dick about 'how people look', I just find some of the biker 'transformations' amusing. If you can't see the humor in a someone going from a 'dress shirt & khaki's' to wearing nothing but leather, tattoo's & bandana's the week after they buy a Dyna - then I'm sorry you that we don't share the same twisted sense of humor.

Lastly, If you are going to analyze a simple internet posting so much as to ask about justification of my behavior, or imply self loathing on my part - than you have WAY deeper issues than I do. I was just trying to find some amusing stories... It's really not all that serious.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Jetpat
Banned

ORIGINAL: gjb1952

So does he wear baggy jeans and wear balloon tshirts?
Yeah, he wears baggy jeans...but I think that's a stomach issue!! As for balloon t-shirts. Are you kidding? They've got that balloon embroidered on polo shirts! That said, he wouldn't be caught dead with the fingerless gloves....he'd toast his fingers when using the burner.

I have to admit: that balloon is fun.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:04 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

Who the hell cares.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:21 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Joe Diver

Greetings....new here and introduced myself in the noob forum.....I've been lurking, reading and searching for a while now....

I completed the MSF course last weekend and passed the DMV test yesterday....going to buy a new Heritage today.

I also bought: HD half helmet, gloves, long sleeve shirts, shades, boots, biker wallet, leather skullcap, and a great leather vest. (I've always wanted one of those anyway)

Yes, I'm a new Harley rider. I'm a corporate weenie. I don't have the tatoos (nor will I), nor will my attitude change other than more enthusiasm for riding with any and all who'll ride with me.

I don't care if others think I'm a poser, noob, or whatever derogatory term...I do what pleases me and could care less what others think. Some will like me and ride/hang with me, some won't. That's life. I'm not pretending to be something I'm not. I bought the clothes and gear because I like it, without any concern of what others may think. My bike, my outfit, my life.

Do what pleases you, not everyone else.

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 11:30 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is not an attack post. This is just verbiage about the never ending poser --rub---who's your daddy and do you have training wheels on your hondalized Harley. I hate to agree with TwiggyAZ but she's right. Hd makes good clothes and it is in one place. I also do most of my own bike work. I can even buy replacement parts and chrome in the same place that I get some of my wardrobe. Isn't that convenient. HD makes good use of underpaidforeign labor to make a good leather coat. Everything I own that has HD on it is quality made. Expensive but quality made. The t-shirts hold up so do my boots. It doesn't mean that there are not other people making quality goods but it is easy to find good clothes that hold up at my local dealer. I worked hard and long to be able to afford what I think is the best motorcycle on the road-- an HD. Not the fastest or most expensive but the best. There is more fashion talk on here than anywhere else. Who's a poser--who's got fingerless gloves---who's wearing chaps. I have never seen anyone insult anyone else over clothes at my local ice house. Never heard the poser question put to anyone. It seems that a lot of tough people push the issue here but I never see this clothing , who's a rub or what issue pushed at my local biker bar. I see some riders overdressed and some underdressed but I don't care.Worrying about what people wear is not worth my time. This post wouldn't be worth my time if it wasn't fixing to rainit a--off here.
ORIGINAL: TwiggyAZ

Overboard is relative. I worked hard to be able to have some nice things, and while I think that a lot of us are walking billboards and salespeople for HD, on the other hand, I like their quality of clothing, leather, etc. I don't take my bike to my HD shop for any maintenance, and I've never been a conformist, so just because I have a Harley doesn't mean I'm all that. I've ridden many bikes over the years, and I did so because it was fun for me. I always did want better leathers, clothes, etc, and now they have them and I buy them. If I've overdosed, it's because I can finally afford to, and it makes me happy!!

Sometimes I dress outrageously because of the constant big tado about "what is a biker" "how should they dress"...so I have fun with it and wear red cowboy boots, purple pants, pink tops, and red braids on my helmet. Am I a biker? Who cares! I am really having fun with all the new HD stuff, all the progress, all the advancements, and even the stuff that other bike manufacturers make! It's all good IMO>

Old 05-06-2008, 12:00 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cray49a

Who gives? Let them enjoy something they like for a change. By the way, wearing leathers while riding in hot weather (like the desert - not in town) prevents dehydration andare not any hotter than levis without chaps (until you stop). In addition, levis last 5-15 feet on an asphaultburn whereas leather last 150-175 feet.The point about no azz or frontto chaps is convenience but if you ever got a burn, the very worst place is the knee. Large area you need to have to bend. Scabs crack, they weap liquid, make your bandages stick, and take a long time to heal.
I have no problems with riding in leather. This guy only rode six blocks, then stood around in it for forty minutes. I gotta take mine off when I stop.

Quick Reply: Do you know this guy?