General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*Updated My heart is broken.... A piece of me left me forever today

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008 | 06:05 AM
TonyVT
Tourer
Default RE: My heart is broken.... A piece of me left me forever today

Sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful cattle dog. She reminds me of my own ACD pup, Waylon.

I lost my 10 year old Carolina Dog Fletcher last July and it was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. In November we picked up a Red Heeler pup that we named Waylon and although he will never replace Fletcher he has added a lot of joy to our lives and has helped with the healing process over losing Fletcher.

Hang in there.

Tony

Old 05-07-2008 | 09:06 AM
Calwoodbutcher
Road Master

Heaven is where you go when all of the dogs you have loved run up to greet you. Godspeed Keely.

Old 05-07-2008 | 09:09 AM
Chris76
Cruiser

Sorry for your loss... we are dog lovers too.

Old 05-07-2008 | 09:19 AM
wind rider
Tourer

My sincere condolences for your loss, my heart goes out to you[]

Old 05-07-2008 | 10:14 AM
wah45
Advanced

Sorry for you loss. We lost one of ours in Dec and they are part of the family and I feel your grief!

Old 05-07-2008 | 10:50 AM
marthared
Cruiser

I'm soooo sorry.. I know exactly the heartache you feel. Accidents are heart-wrenching. I accidently left water in our bathtub a few months ago, and our beloved 6 month old kitten drowned in it. I'd just had my bike accident about a month before, and I really lost it. Prayers to you.

Old 05-07-2008 | 11:55 PM
pr_capone
|
Tourer

Doing ok today.... felt like **** at random points during today but otherwise ok.

The worst part was how quiet the house was. Cathy and I could not stand to have the house so quiet so we decided to do something about it.

We went to the Wichita Animal Shelter and to the Kansas Humane Society but they had nothing that would fit.

By the way... the conditions at the Wichita Animal Shelter are DEPLORABLE.

We visited a few homes that had litters of puppies either for sale or being given away but none of them spoke to me until.....

Meet Angie! She is a Dapple Miniature Daschund. Her name is actually Angelina, but not after Jolie. I had named Keely after Keely Smith, a singer back in the day and the wife of my favorite swing band leader ever, Louis Prima.

Well, this time I named my dog after one of his songs..... Angelina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIJzpdJIdmI

So far she has been nothing short of a cuddle bug and loves to chase my hand. She is already starting to respond to her name and comes when called (for the most part).

She can never replace Keely.... but it will be nice to have puppy sounds in the house again.

Old 05-08-2008 | 01:33 AM
jblksmith1
Cruiser

Awwww...how adorable. I lost my dog last February and I still haven't been able to get another one. I know how your heart feels. Good luck with the new baby.

Old 05-08-2008 | 02:29 AM
Pendragon
Cruiser

congrats on the new addition to the family...may she bring years of happiness to you !!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-08-2008 | 08:06 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: pr_capone

Doing ok today.... felt like **** at random points during today but otherwise ok.

The worst part was how quiet the house was. Cathy and I could not stand to have the house so quiet so we decided to do something about it.

We went to the Wichita Animal Shelter and to the Kansas Humane Society but they had nothing that would fit.

By the way... the conditions at the Wichita Animal Shelter are DEPLORABLE.

We visited a few homes that had litters of puppies either for sale or being given away but none of them spoke to me until.....

Meet Angie! She is a Dapple Miniature Daschund. Her name is actually Angelina, but not after Jolie. I had named Keely after Keely Smith, a singer back in the day and the wife of my favorite swing band leader ever, Louis Prima.

Well, this time I named my dog after one of his songs..... Angelina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIJzpdJIdmI

So far she has been nothing short of a cuddle bug and loves to chase my hand. She is already starting to respond to her name and comes when called (for the most part).

She can never replace Keely.... but it will be nice to have puppy sounds in the house again.

And the new pup will find it's own place in your hearts. Congrats on the new pup! Good decision.

Quick Reply: *Updated My heart is broken.... A piece of me left me forever today