General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Biker, a short story of perspective

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:24 AM
ClutchCargopa
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Biker, a short story of perspective

[/align]ISaw you, hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line.[/align]But, youDidn't see me, put an extra $10.00 in the collection outside the[/align]Store as IWalked in.[/align][/align]I saw you; pull your child closer when we passed each other[/align]on the sidewalk.But, you didn't see me, playing Santa at the local[/align]Mall.[/align][/align]I saw you, change your mind about going into the[/align]Restaurant.But, you didn't see me, attending a meeting to raise more money[/align]For the Hurricane relief.[/align][/align]I saw you , roll up your window and shake[/align]Your head when I rode by. But, you didn't see me, riding behind you when[/align]You flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.[/align][/align]I saw you, frownat me when I smiled at your children.[/align]But, you didn't see me, when I tooktime off from work to run toys to the[/align]homeless.[/align][/align]I saw you, stare atmy long hair. but, you didn't see me, and my friends cut ten inches off for[/align]Locks of Love.[/align][/align]I saw you, roll your eyes at our leather jackets and[/align]Gloves. But, you didn't see me, and my brothers donate our old ones to[/align]Those that had none.[/align][/align]I saw you, look in fright at my[/align]Tattoos. But, you didn't see me, cry as my children were born and have[/align]their name written over and in my heart.[/align][/align]I saw you, change laneswhile rushing off to go somewhere.[/align]But, you didn't see me, going home to bewith my family.[/align][/align]I saw you, complain about how loud and noisy our bikes[/align]can be. but, you didn't see me, when you were changing the CD and drifted[/align]into my lane.[/align][/align]I saw you, yelling at your kids in the car.[/align]But,you didn't see me, pat my child's hands, knowing he was safe behind[/align]me.[/align][/align]I saw you, reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the[/align]road. but, you didn't see me, squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to[/align]take the next turn.[/align][/align]I saw you, race down the road in the rain. but,you didn't see me, get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car togo on his date.[/align][/align]I saw you, run the yellow light just to save a few[/align]minutes of time. But, you didn't see me, trying to turn right.[/align][/align]I sawyou, cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.[/align]But, youdidn't see me, leave the road.[/align][/align]I saw you, waiting impatiently for myfriends to pass.[/align]But, you didn't see me. I wasn't there.[/align][/align]I saw you,go home to your family.[/align]But, you didn't see me.[/align][/align]Because, I died thatday you cut me off.[/align][/align]I was just a biker. A person with friends and afamily.[/align]But, you didn't see me.[/align]

Old 05-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The Biker, a short story of perspective

it's at the top of the forum. or one of them.

edit: or was...