General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Fastare you all going?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:53 AM
CSA
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Fastare you all going?

ORIGINAL: oldairboater

Depends on mood--traffic conditions. I speed when I want to and can, but I have been known to kick back on the pegs and cruise. Live to ride---love to ride--ride to survive.
Ditto!

Old 05-05-2008, 10:56 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mostly in 6th gear.....IN TOWN . I prefer to get up front , less chance of getting hit that way. Once up front cruise just fast enough to keep them all behind me.Kinda leader of the pack mentality

Old 05-05-2008, 11:06 AM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

Ialways follow the speed limit... *

*this may be a trap

UMMMM, me 2 - forget what I wrote earlier - I always go the speed limit. Honest your Honor.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends where I am, and if I am more than 90 days since my last one (I found out that if you get a ticket more than 90 days apart, and are real nice to the judge, they will drop the ticket if you don't get another for another 90 days... many many tickets, clean record...). Ussually I cruise around 8-15mph over the speed limit, so out here that means 83-90mph most of the time.

If I'm doing a long strip though nowhere (i.e. driving out to Texas, Utah, Arizona) I go 100-110 depnding on wind, e&.

Got pulled doing 115 once... yikes! Got the ticket dropped, took it easy for the next 90 days and was okay.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:26 PM
TXFXSTB
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to admit that I drive it like I stole it. I told my wife when I got it that I just wanted to cruise, and the whole reason I wasn't getting a crotch rocket was because I would kill myself on one. "Cruisin' lasted the break-in period and then IT WAAAAS OONNNNNN. One of my friends has a Heritage, so cruisin' is fine for him. My other buddy has a Dyna Custom and it is beefed up a lil. We'll start off behavin' but after a few minutes, somebody pops the throttle and evil shifts into gear. It is 110 miles from my work to my house, and I hit a 100mph a few times yesterday on the way. Fortunately, I came up on another biker and fell into formation with him (doing 70). I was glad I did because a few miles up the road, the PoPo was hiding...all good.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:31 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hammer it !

Don't worry if yer going to slow I wll pass !

Old 05-05-2008, 12:50 PM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

60-75 on the highway, depending on the speed limit and traffic.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: *NIGHT TRAIN*

I generally run the speed limits, maybe 5-10 mph over if the traffic is running fast and you can get away with it without drawing attention to yourself from an LEO...my license is clean and my insurance is reasonable, and I prefer to keep it that way...no donations to the State for me...
Well said and DITTO that from me...

Besides that the "sweet spot" for my motor seems to be right at about 70-72 mph, where the motor is just purring and feels smooooooooooth as silk.

Besides that the CHP will never even look twice at me - except to check out my bike maybe, lol.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speed limit is 70 mph on the motorways here in the UK so I try to always be less than 10 over and the cops will leave you alone. Anyway any faster and I feel like I'm being pulled off the bars which is why I got the backrest. Off the m'ways generally the speed limit unless I am out in the country - we have had a plague / rash of speed cameras here in the UK over the last few years and without my sat nav with all the camera locations with warnings on my bike I've gotta be careful.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:25 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

My 05 is happiest at about 70,almost 3,000 rpms

Quick Reply: How Fastare you all going?