General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking Ticket $$

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:07 PM
psc
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Parking Ticket $$

No isses with your ticket--that one is on you. The problem I have is with the wise *** comment. Recommend a quick letter to Johnny's Commanding Officer, be tactful--admit you made a mistake and willingly will pay the fine but didn't appreciate the commentary and felt it was unprofessional. Thenmail it straight to the top brass. If the agency is worth a shi$ they will at least call in the LEO and talk to him about it--if he has a history, you just might have put the final piece into his jacket resulting in a reprimand or worse.

I currently work for a LE Agency...and all Citizen complaints receive attention and a written response.

Chalk it up to a lesson learned...and press.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:00 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I fully respect the laws for the HC but i would have told johnny douche bag the the bill was worth it to have him watch my bike for me like that.

There is a big problem with all the public officials in New Orleans parking in HC spots but hell its ok for them. The popo even defend the practice on tv by saying they need to be close by if something happens so almost every spot is filled with government cars.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:06 AM
flyrodn1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over $300? Ouch, that's expensive oversight. Hey, I admit I screwed up. If I needed that spot legitimately I would have been bent. My bad and I'll pay. I had a problem with the attitude but the last thing a need is Johnny looking for me some evening when my throttle sticks wide open.

Fly

Old 05-05-2008, 05:10 AM
flyrodn1
Intermediate

PSC,

Thanks for the advice. I'll fire off a letter and see what happens. I'll pay the fine in any event because I owe it.

Fly

Old 05-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Had a talk with a local LEO here, he also commented that there must be a sign posted in front of the parking space....just painting on the ground does not constitute a legal handcapped space.... If there wasn't a sign there go back and take a picture of the spot and take it to court....if there was, then I would quietly pay and consider it a learning experience.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:00 AM
bluto43
Cruiser

I fully understand the need for handicapped parking. My complaint is that 80% of the people that use them are just fat, not handicapped. Here in Pa. they will give any fat *** a handicapped placard. The place you see them them being used the most......The grocery store. Go figure

Old 05-05-2008, 07:01 AM
pscheval
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

it sucks to throw away to the government.. for any reason, just be glad you're not disabled

Old 05-05-2008, 07:05 AM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe I'd go to court for that one. If there were a bunch of crotch rockets that sped off, it sounds like selective enforcement to me. Maybe he just nailed you because you had the most expensivebike.He could have detained everybody and written tickets to the whole group. That smart-aleck comment aboutbeing able to afford it would have really pissed me off.You should at least tell your side to the judge- what do you have to lose?

Old 05-05-2008, 07:07 AM
pscheval
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

they almost always believe the police, I fought one, still got to pay the ticket but no points, the cop lied his *** off

Old 05-05-2008, 07:14 AM
rjgraham
Tourer

I just got a ticket for my tint on my car, I got to thinking about it and there are cars from the factory with darker tint. It was the end of the month and he couldn't get me for anything else soooo........ ALL REVENUE and QUOTA's.....the money has to come from somewhere. It would cost me about 400 to fix it or 35 for the ticket. Guess which way I am going

Quick Reply: Parking Ticket $$