General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YES! The wife finally says she's ready! You're not gonna believe this...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:51 PM
wideglidemike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YES! The wife finally says she's ready! You're not gonna believe this...

So, after my little girls soccer game tonight we go to eat pizza...She's in the Tahoe and as usual, I'm on the Wideglide because there is no frickin' way I'm missing out on this perfect ridin' weather here in DFW. So I meet the girls at the restaurant. After we're done, Imount up and tell her I'll be home after I cruise around a while (read: bar hop)...

As I'm crusin out of the parking lot...She is frantically waving me to come ride by where the tahoe is parked...I pull up next to her and she's excitedly saying...."BUY ME ONE OF THESE AND I'LL RIDE WITH YOU ALL THE TIME!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! I WANT ONE!!!!

Parked right next to her is a BRP Can AM spyder....brand new with the dealer tag on it....

What is a Can AM spyder you might be asking??? PIC attached.

Now, how F' ing embarrassing would it be to have this thing riding around town next to me while I'm lookin' all studly on the WG...
What would you fellow husbands do? Buy her one or not?

[IMG]local://upfiles/56212/0D88B36DBEE24804B55A81F793389041.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-02-2008, 09:59 PM
zoopman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: YES! The wife finally says she's ready! You're not gonna believe this...

I think those machines are awesome looking! She will be the one who would get all the attention guaranteed!!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:05 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: YES! The wife finally says she's ready! You're not gonna believe this...

ORIGINAL: zoopman

I think those machines are awesome looking! She will be the one who would get all the attention guaranteed!!

+1 [8D]

Old 05-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

If it makes her happy and gets her riding "with" you, what are you waiting for!? Who cares if it's unconventional?

Old 05-02-2008, 10:11 PM
thumper05
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

do it and you will be able to write your own E ride ticket

Old 05-02-2008, 10:15 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive seen and sat on one,was going to test ride it but there was still snow and Ice on the road,its a neat bike but feels like a snowcat(IMO)...I do want to ride one just to see how it handles.I think the shop in Moorhead still has one and now that the weather is nice Iam going to try and make it over there and ride it.....BRP keeps sending me e-mails to go and ride it...The only thing is I dont think they have a bag system for it yet..could be wrong its been awhile.I think it would be fun and a head turner...

swilsondds
Cruiser

Dude, these things are ok I guess. I actually sat on one today at Ride Now in Phoenix. I personally wouldn't ride one, but if this little contraption gets your sweetheart out and about with, then do it.

However, give her some time to think it over, you know. My money says ifyou buy it...she rides it a few times...and then you sell it at a discount. If her passion is REALLY there you both will "win". If you end up selling it on Craigslist for 3K less than you bought it for12 months later, you both "lose". Good luck. Ride safe.

Oh, and if we see you on it...you have to turn in your man card. j/k

pscheval
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you suck! my wife said the same thing, I showed her the photo, then your thread... funny huh.. I might be sharing your embarrasment.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:31 PM
uriel
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Careful, you may driving the tahoe more than she. LOL

Old 05-02-2008, 10:35 PM
pscheval
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

never... especially near $4 a gallon

Quick Reply: YES! The wife finally says she's ready! You're not gonna believe this...