General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YES! The wife finally says she's ready! You're not gonna believe this...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 01:50 PM
TXFXSTB
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YES! The wife finally says she's ready! You're not gonna believe this...

Get it. It looks awesome, andyou shouldn't be so concerned about image...you ride a WG. j/k
Ride, man. Regardless of what it is, just ride. Indian, Harley, or metric...just ride.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:03 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: YES! The wife finally says she's ready! You're not gonna believe this...

Like said if she doens't like it then you can ride it, go for it if you have the bucks,, I think you can even get two seater models around the same design theory.

I would love to take one for a spin,,, I tell you vehicles like that will be the wave of the near future with gas prices going on up,,, I have been thinking of designing a project built around a three wheel configuration for my wife to go back and forth to work in,,, I just walk to work everyday myself.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
spike95
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Domestic Violence

how about a 'Busa quad?
Not my usual cup of tea, but that sounds pretty bad#ss to me. I'd just paint it differently and use different rims. I think that if I had enough cash to already have several other toys, I would love to have one of those.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:38 AM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: wideglidemike

ORIGINAL: iceman336

ORIGINAL: Intrepid175

If it makes her happy and gets her riding "with" you, what are you waiting for!? Who cares if it's unconventional?
+1

Get her started and she will move up to two wheels soon enough! Besides, those beasts are a blast to ride (drive?)~
Yeah, you all make very good points. She's too scared to start out on a 2 wheeler....never ridden before. I figure I'll get to ride more if she has her own. We are going to go look at one this afternoon. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.Can she ride the spyder, but still wear all the hot Harley clothes for chicks,though?

Ps, the thing does have a pretty roomy "trunk" in the front for the groceries
I don't know if you are pulling my leg with this thread, "girls soccer game" "in the Tahoe" "buy me one" or if you are poking fun at yuppie Harley riders. In case you are sincere though I would really check the ride hieght on that before turning an inexperienced rider loose on one, there are alot of soccer moms out there driving Tahoes which ride pretty high and I could just picture one of them saying; "but officer, I didn't see the motorcycle".

Old 05-04-2008, 08:47 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell...buy me one...

Old 05-04-2008, 08:54 AM
wideglidemike
Cruiser

UPDATE.....
We went to the dealer here in Fort Worth to check it out....They had 1 in stock....only 1. and it was yellow! She kinda liked the yellow..but it made me want to hurl (looked like some kind of big mutant banana). Get this, they would not let us test ride it! Now WTF is up with that? Something that new and different and we are supposed to buy it without even riding it?????
On top of that, they marked it up 2k over sticker. We'll try again next weekend....I guess.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:53 AM
1200babe
Tourer

test rode one and it was ok- slightly different feel than a 2 wheeler butthe biggest plus to some folks is thatyou dont even need a motorcycle license to ride one. If it gets your wife out onthe road and you want ot spend time together I say go for it. I know personally when the day comes I cant get on a 2 wheeler any more I will ride a trike in order to stay out in the wind.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:35 AM
wallyn
Road Captain

Go to the Spyder website. I think they still have scheduled Test rides around the country.

Look at the bright side it is a V-Twin.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:42 AM
rob i
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i think they are the coolest trikes going.

saw one the other day and talked to the owner a bit. cost about $16,000, has 1000cc's and puts out 96hp.

If i were to own a trike, that'd be it.

rob