Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Countersteering

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Countersteering

JBaker, it does take a little getting used to. If you exit a driveway to the right you will get a little scrape on the bottom of the lower pipe. If you lay it real far down turning left you make contact with something that is very hard, ithink it is part of the frame, haven't ever looked to see. I have gotten a scrape in a tight right turn on the road before as well, but all it does is take a little more pipe bottom. I might pick it up about half an inch and see if it eliminates the problem, I just like the feel of the low center of gravity. I don't do a whole lot of crazy stuff so it isn't really an issue for me. I am 54 years old and don't have anything to prove.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:06 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dixie Dreg

JBaker, it does take a little getting used to. If you exit a driveway to the right you will get a little scrape on the bottom of the lower pipe. If you lay it real far down turning left you make contact with something that is very hard, ithink it is part of the frame, haven't ever looked to see. I have gotten a scrape in a tight right turn on the road before as well, but all it does is take a little more pipe bottom. I might pick it up about half an inch and see if it eliminates the problem, I just like the feel of the low center of gravity. I don't do a whole lot of crazy stuff so it isn't really an issue for me. I am 54 years old and don't have anything to prove.
I dont care about how low it is.....that Fatboy is way sweet looking. You must have some nicely paved roads down there in Va. though. Up this way I think the pot holes just may get the best of that lower pipe....????

Old 05-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Biz44, thanks for the compliment, I bought the bike pretty much as it is, I have changed a few things like the grips, removed the football, took off the V&H extensions, changed the seat, but the credit for the look goes to the guy who owned it before. Although I didn't build it , when I saw it at the dealership I quit looking and bought it.