General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A$$holes without insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008 | 08:41 PM
Sneaky
|
Novice
Default A$$holes without insurance

I'm a LEO in the city where I live, and just saw a wreck. Well the aftermath anyways. A guy in a Ford Ranger pulled out in front of a guy on a 105th ann. Street Glide. The bike had 456 miles on it. The guy on the bike broke both his legs I think. His helmet was cracked cause it took a good lick when he went down. Anyways, the driver of the truckadmittid thathe didn't stop at the stop sign cause he didn't see anything coming. And he didn't have insurance..... It's not very often that I hope to see somebody get sued, but I hope the guy on the bike sues the everliving $hit out of the other guy!

Old 05-01-2008 | 08:45 PM
tt_ksu
Tourer
Default RE: A$$holes without insurance

Only thing is, if he doesn't have insurance, there's probably a good chance that he doesn't have any money either, so sueing won't do any good unless the
biker only wants to receive $10 a month from the driver of the truck for the next 50 years.

Old 05-01-2008 | 08:46 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Oh yeah, you think the dumbchit has any money?Not likely.

Old 05-01-2008 | 08:48 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

I would sue even if he had nothing, never know he could hit the lottery.

Old 05-01-2008 | 08:53 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds like Montana. When you register a vehicle or renew the license tabs, you're not required to show proof of insurance.
The penalty for driving without it here is a scolding. Second offense, you get a severe scolding.
But sue the bastage anyway & get his vehicle.

Old 05-01-2008 | 09:32 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

I was hit at an intersection last spring. T-boned from the right. The guy didn't stick around but his plate number was taken by several people. I only had minor injuries, a broken thumb, dislocated shoulder and scrapes. I missed 2 weeks work. The plate was traced by my ins. co., not the cops. Turned out the owner had ins. but when his ins. co. tried to contact him about the accident he would not talk. He did not show for criminal court for hit and run. Turns out your ins. co. is there to protect your intrest and if you do not co-operate with them they are under no obligation to protect you by settling any claims. Bottom line, I didn't get anything, the other guy never responded to any notices from anyone, I can file suit but I wont get anything because all signs are he's an unemployedjunkie and thief that owns nothing other than his POS car.

Old 05-01-2008 | 09:54 PM
Lopoetve
Road Master

ez, get a lawyer next time. they'll get money out of the ins co, and then the ins co will sue the bastard.

Old 05-01-2008 | 10:05 PM
conroskie
Road Master

If he's dumb enough to blow a stop sign because he didn't see anyone coming and stupid enough to drive without insurance, he can't be smart enough to have any money. But sue the hell out off him!!!! You never know...

Old 05-01-2008 | 10:40 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Seeing this makes me want to see each state pass a law that if someone has an accident (and I use that term loosely), they should go to jail, or at least be under house arrest for a year. If they can't afford insurance, they shouldn't be allowed to drive(legally)...justmy 2 cents

Old 05-01-2008 | 11:16 PM
fonemann
Road Captain

In MD, you are required, besides regular coverage of min insurance, to also pad your policy with underinsured/uninsured coverage as well.
This way if a slug hits you with no Ins, you can sue your own Co for repair, and they have to do the rest to reclaim the costs( I think) Plus you cant get tags with out proof, But somehow these A-hole find a way around it, when It expires,MVA will suspend your licence

Quick Reply: A$$holes without insurance