General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A$$holes without insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008 | 04:34 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: A$$holes without insurance

ORIGINAL: RoadKingRon1

If the jerk off had any money he wouldn't have been driving a Ford Ranger......
WTF does what he drives have to do with how much money he has? I suppose people that drive Sporsters are broke too according to your reasoning. I agree with all, No Insurance, No Drive. Ride Safe.

Old 05-02-2008 | 04:54 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

I'd run a property search, the guy may have a really nice house or some other propertysomewhere. Just because he drives a POS, doesn't mean he doesn't have property.Ya never know.

Old 05-02-2008 | 05:32 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: StargazerXT12

I'd run a property search, the guy may have a really nice house or some other propertysomewhere. Just because he drives a POS, doesn't mean he doesn't have property.Ya never know.
Agreed- The Fuel bill last month for some of myfathers heavy equipment was more that the cost of the truck he uses for the field- 94 F150 with 125K. His "nice" truck is a 95 S-10that Igave him andthat currently has 147K on it to replace the 94 S10 that had 187K on it when it died. Unless the vehicle is making money for youwhy bya luxury one.

Old 05-02-2008 | 06:40 PM
damnitj
Advanced

Just be glad you don't live in Phoenix, where you constantly hear " No hablo englis". But"englis" is understood when their hand is held out wanting something.

Old 05-03-2008 | 04:45 PM
bore
Advanced

accidents happen. Unless the pu driver was drunk I'd not make a judgement too hastily. **** happens. He says he didn't see the bike. why? Twisty road, bike going to fast, inexperienced new rider? Insurance doesn't have anything to do with the accident. Hopefully the rider has insurance to cover himself and heals.

Old 05-03-2008 | 05:21 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: bore

accidents happen. Unless the pu driver was drunk I'd not make a judgement too hastily. **** happens. He says he didn't see the bike. why? Twisty road, bike going to fast, inexperienced new rider? Insurance doesn't have anything to do with the accident. Hopefully the rider has insurance to cover himself and heals.
bore- you're correct accidents happen. operating a motorvehiclewithout insurance isn't anaccident. It's wonton disregard for taking responsibilties for their actions.

Old 05-04-2008 | 06:58 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

+1 to Buddha

Old 05-04-2008 | 08:50 AM
sldavis
Road Captain

Back in 1983, when I started my career as an LEO, vehicles were required to have an insurance sticker in the back window, that was color coded as to when it expired. We could stop vehicles with expired stickers, and if the operator could not show current proof, we impounded the vehicle right there, ticketed them, and put them on foot. Of course, that outraged many people (most of whom were driving without insurance) and now we can no longer do that. So they have to show proof of insurance to get license plates. So, like has been pointed out, they will get a policy, make a 30 day payment during which time they get their tags, and let it lapse. Oh for the days of old.......
As for uninsured/underinsured, you are foolhardy not to have these coverages these days. When the gals that hit me, effectively ending my career, provided her insurance, she had minimum coverages, ie 50K. That money was a drop in the bucket of what it cost me. She was 22, and had nothing to sue her for. I carry 200K un/underinsured on my auto policy, and after several years of arguing with MY insurance company in court, they paid me. That money hakes all the difference in the world. Do yourself a huge favor, suck it up and get these coverages. We all know the number of people driving without insurance. A riding buddy of mine went down last Saturday when a girl pulled out in front of him at the last second. He is still in the hospital with his spine cracked in two places, 11 broken ribs, punctured lung, injured spleen and liver. Guess what......she had no insurance

Old 05-04-2008 | 09:24 AM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jefnightrain

Where I live, we are over run with immigrants, probably mostly illegal. When they have an accident that makes the paper, about 100% of the time they don't have a license so I am sure they don't have insurance. I think the best case would be just to go around later at night & set their car or truck on fire. at least it would keep them off the road.
Yes it does sound likea good ideal, BUT 3\4 of the state I live in would be on FIRE!!!!!

Old 05-04-2008 | 12:57 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

In 2003 when I bought the softtail classic I got full coverage insurance without having my motorcycle endorsement on my Texas drivers lisc.Paid for it before I rode the bike home. A motorcycle endorsement was not necessary to purchase motorcycle insurance.It was a month later before I got my motorcycle endorsement. I had full coverage insurance from foremost before I had my motorcycle endorsement.Just food for thought.
ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

Oh, the irony. After reading all the 'everyone should have insurance and those who don't are SOB's, etc' types of responses, it wasn't too long ago where LOTS of forum members so proudly came out and claimed that they rode sans a license. Thereby meaning, no motorcycle insurance in turn. The very SOB's you guys claim are 'out there' are well represented 'right here' on the forums. That is, as it relates to no license/insurance, et al. Just food for thought.....