General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A$$holes without insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008 | 08:10 AM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Default RE: A$$holes without insurance

since Icannot "walk away" from the vehicle from any collision; all my vehicles have uninsureed /underinsured coverage on them.

I just had a $5600 claim when somone knocked over my Softail attempting to take the GPS which was locked the the handlebars.(by having the coeverage I was only out my deductible)

Even if the personis driving without insuranceand an attorney will be involved have them do an assest search on the Driver and if the vehicle owner issomeone else due a search on that person. You can also go to court and getjudgement leins against the guilty party.

We have a lot of vehicles with "business" advertisements on the sides of vehicles so they are "business expenses" I sure people have seen the Hummer with a General contractor number or the Escalade with the "Ask me how to loose weight" sticker on it"

One of my cooworkers was hit by a "soccer mom" that was using the vehcile for business purpose.

Although she didn't have enough coverage for the medical expensesher business partner did and the coworker got a judgement against the business.

I hate reading in the paper someone getting pulled over no ins no dl then released on personnel recog bond.

Old 05-02-2008 | 08:11 AM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior

I'm not sure about the laws of other states, but I'm pretty sure in this state an officer conducting an accident investigation doesn't have grounds to sue

Old 05-02-2008 | 08:37 AM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

In Michigan insurance is mandatory. I don't understand why I also have to put into a uninsured motorist fund since insurance is mandatory but I guess that's to cover all the a**holes.

I you can not provide proof of insurance when asked, no matter what the stop is for, there are additional state fines. We call it taxation without representation.

How well it is enforce? Just read the paper. People with multiple DUI's and suspended license getting caught all the time and skipping court appearances. Do you really think anyone other than the insurancecompany cares? Hell no.

Insurance seems to be a penalty law abiding citizens pay for having to live with a**holes.

Old 05-02-2008 | 08:38 AM
jwb47
Road Warrior

it just pisses me off that it is necessary to carry uninsured/underinsured insurance . if people cant afford insurance then they cant afford a car or motorcycle and dont deserve to be driving.
it just makes me sick to see the housing project baby factorys wheel up to buy groceries in a new or late model vehicle and whip out there food stamps to buy junk food and crap most people wouldnt consider or cant afford. then they run to the emergency room once a week and use there medical card to get some drugs for what ever ghost aliment haunts them . they dont care .there not paying for it ,the working man who gets run over riding his motorcycle to work by one of these slugs is the person paying for it with weekly federal and state tax deductions from there check . or the ******* on disability because they have a drug or booze addiction and dont work but drive's around all day drinking old milwaukee in a piece of crap pick-up and plows somebody making a turn because they didnt see them . yeah Im pissed and cant see mellowing out any time soon.

Old 05-02-2008 | 09:02 AM
sturgiskidd
Intermediate

thats bs not haveing insurance. People shouldn't even drive without it...damn

Old 05-02-2008 | 09:17 AM
CSA
Road Master

WA State requires no insurance on Motorcycles. I have full coverage on my bike. If you are financing the bike the bank will require it here in WA State. I carry it on everything I drive. Insurance is cheap, if you are a responsible driver for the most part, not having it is just stupid!

Old 05-02-2008 | 10:32 AM
Ceegardave
Advanced

Two years ago, my college-age son was the victim of a hit and run on his motorcycle. Bastard left him lying unconscious in the road like a dead dog. He had facial fractures, ruptured spleen, broken collarbone, one eye purple & swollen shut, general bruises, contusions and rash. He was in intensive care for 6 days and two days in a regular room. Luckily he was athletic and back to school a few days after his release from the hospital. I hate to think what could have happened if he had not been wearing a full face helmet. Over $30K in hospital costs and followups. Cops said it was most likely an uninsured driver and probably drunk. Since insurance is mandatory in SC, I asked the cops how could somebody get away with it. Told me they sign up for a policy, make a small payment, get their tags, let the policy lapse and ignore the warning letters from the DMV.
Bike was insured with Progressive and I can't say enough about how great they were to work with. They paid more than he did for the bike, gave him another check for his injuries, and I made an additional claim on my State Farm auto policies on the uninsured driver portion.
In this state, the uninsured coverage is the highest priced item on the policy.

Old 05-02-2008 | 12:11 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

If the jerk off had any money he wouldn't have been driving a Ford Ranger......

Old 05-02-2008 | 01:29 PM
Gutman
Road Master

I hate to tell you this but ifYOU keep contacting him and not a lawyer, he can sueYOU for Harrassment. What a great coutry.

Old 05-02-2008 | 01:55 PM
FXDF MYK
Cruiser

Hooray for the UK, here in the US it would not be PC to require some to follow the laws, but then again we tie the cops up and gag them and then bitch about LA gang violence

Quick Reply: A$$holes without insurance