General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A$$holes without insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008 | 01:58 AM
PWHOG
Road Master
Default RE: A$$holes without insurance

In the UK the Insurance companies input all of the insured vehicles into a common data base with the DVLA (Drive Vehicle Licencing) and our police cars are fitted with ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) Cameras linked to this database. If they detect that your vehicle is not insured or not road taxed or does not have a valid roadworthy test certificate you will be pulled over. They will impound your vehicle and crush it after 14 days if the impound fees are not payed along with proof of valid documents. If you are involved in an accident and not insured you could go to prison for 2 years and face a heavy fine with penalty points on your licence (6 points ! 12 points gets you banned for 12 months) To me I have no problem with this system as it cost me £366 to insure my bike this year plus £65 in road tax plus £25 for a MOT (Roadworthy Inspection)

Old 05-02-2008 | 02:01 AM
Fat Boy Tim
Tourer

Insurance is part of the responsibility of driving, be it a bike or cage. My take on this is simple, If you get caught on the road with out it suspend the operators driving rights. If you get caught driving on revoked suspend them indefinately. Caught the third time make ist a Class "D" felony and lock them up for 5 flat. That would stop all this stupid $hit about driving with out Insurance. If you can't afford insurance you can't afford to drive period.

Tim

Old 05-02-2008 | 06:10 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Why is it there are always some many more Horses asses, than there are horses to put them on? It will always be that way!

Old 05-02-2008 | 06:17 AM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

Biotch that hit me had the staet minimum of 10k med insurance, My insurance (state farm) picked up and covered almost everything. I go tthe 10k from her but no more. This was 2 months after someone hit her and she got 150k. Talk about unfair. SHe lives in free housing, gets food stamps, gets welfare, doesn't work but drives a very expensive new car. Where diid we go wrong?

Bubba

Old 05-02-2008 | 06:27 AM
so165
Tourer

When I make a traffic stop and the driver has no insurance, I have them sign the citation and then I tell them they cannot drive the vehicle, I wish I had a camera to take a picture ofthe look onhis/her face when I tell them that. I usually get "well how do I get home" I tell them to call a tow truck.

Old 05-02-2008 | 06:38 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

Main reason I am not a Police Officer because knowing how I am I would stop so many idiots everyday I would be relentless, DUI stops, Drug stops,checking for proper registrations &insurance, improper equipment, I would be so involved trying to clean up all the idiots off the streets that I would probably have an anxiety attact.

With the amount of money I pay in taxes, the amounts of money I pay for insurance it makes me sick and really pisses me off how there are so many scumbags in the streets illegaly doing the wrong things.

Old 05-02-2008 | 06:53 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i agree with you a 100 percent . but the problem is there is more and more of that **** going on than you can even dream of.most of the time they get charged a few dollars and go out and do it again.

Old 05-02-2008 | 06:54 AM
jefnightrain
Tourer

Where I live, we are over run with immigrants, probably mostly illegal. When they have an accident that makes the paper, about 100% of the time they don't have a license so I am sure they don't have insurance. I think the best case would be just to go around later at night & set their car or truck on fire. at least it would keep them off the road.

Old 05-02-2008 | 07:09 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Good idea Jef

Old 05-02-2008 | 07:29 AM
Beercan321
Tourer

There are a lot of people that ride bikes without insurance too. Last summer my fiancée was hit by a guy on a bike. He ran a light and smashed in to the side if her car. The guy didn’t have a bike license nor did he have insurance. My fiancée didn’t have full-coverage on her car so she had to pay for all the repairs herself. I believe the guy on the bike just got a slap on the wrist (some fines).

Quick Reply: A$$holes without insurance