General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do your sons/daughters want Harleys?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Vector
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do your sons/daughters want Harleys?

I don't have children myself, but I thought it would be an interesting question. It's Harleys future we're talking about after all. So, Does your son/daugther want a Harley or does he/she want another brand/style of bike? Maybe he/she doesn't have any interest in bikes at all? Maybe he/she already has a bike? Let's hear it!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:11 AM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do your sons/daughters want Harleys?

like you have no children

Old 04-30-2008, 10:14 AM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My two daughters have both ridden with me but are not really interested in owning. The oldest one has a baby son. We will see what happensa when he gets older. His dad is not really into bikes at all, but I think he will let the boy follow his interests.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

2 Boyz, 26 and 23. Started them on atvs at 8 and 5.
They have Hondas now, a 750 and a 900.
They BOTH loved the 01 Ultra, 124", 6 spd.
Neither willdrive the hardtail, but LOVE the look, and will take a ride or two.
Youngest one has always wanted a 'rocket', BUT he came in the grudge when I got the 78 FLH lookin' good, and said "Ya, I'd ride that"
Oldest would 'take' a bagger in a heartbeat, and will hopefully find an old EVO to cube for him B4 I croak. They are just patiently waiting, like 'vultures'.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:32 AM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 540 Likes on 240 Posts

My kids all wanted a Harley, so I went throught the motorcycle safety course with all three of them to see if they really liked riding and felt comfortable with it. My oldest boy then bought a used Honda VTX 1300R because he didn't want to drop the coin for a Harley as his first bike. He will have one within a couple of years. My youngest son wants one but doesn't have the money to burn right now and besides, he can ride one of mine. My daughter decided she would pass on motorcycle riding as she has a young son and doesn't want to take the risk. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree....when my first child was born I gave up bikes and didn't start riding again until the youngest graduated from college. I might add that I'm proud of the decisions my kids made. While both of the boys would like Harleys, they know there are more important things in life, like owning your own home. All three of my kids (28, 30 and 32) are homeowners. Harleys will come later so the MOCO's future looks OK.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 13 year son old has already laid claim to my wifes 07 883L when he is old enough to ride. He does ride a quad now (I still whip him even though I'm old) and rides behind me on the FXD almost everytime we go out.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:42 AM
spotter
Cruiser

Son 24, has a klr that he has put panniers on so he can take trips with me. He wants a H.D. but being a newlywed and a new house owner, life's not letting him right now. He likes pans and shovels,so I have high hopes for him. My Daughter 22, loves Harleys, hates metrics. She's a tall good looking blond who tells everyone who will listen that she would rather push a Harley than ride a honda. Probably why she doesn't have either to ride at the present time.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:45 AM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

Just like you, we have no kids......it is most definitely the reason we have 2 of them.....bikes that is.....

Life is Great....We all Ride!!!!!!.....some more than others because of family....

[IMG]local://upfiles/48412/946A781823F6491086CBE1E4F3E6E53B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2008, 11:16 AM
drfeelgood
Outstanding HDF Member

I have an 11 year old daughter. She absolutely loves to ride with me everywhere. Right now she rides ATV's all summer. I wouldn't be suprised if she ends up buying her own when she gets older.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Not yet, but he's only 6 months old. But I'm working on him.......

Quick Reply: Do your sons/daughters want Harleys?