General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

South West HD riders...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Kokua
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South West HD riders...

Newbie here, and I have a question. I am currently saving up a down payment ($5,000-$7,000) for a HD and am planning on buying in June of 09'. I live in the SW (Flagstaff, AZ) and while I frequent my local HD Dealership in Belmont and am on a first name basis w/ the head sales guy (Glen) I am wondering about other HD owners experiences with dealers in the SW.

While I like Glen,I have a feeling that this particular dealership is charging more for bikes than others in the region and... I ain't the richest kid on the block.

Any suggestions? Horror stories? Good experiences? I have no problem traveling 1000-1500 miles (or farther) for a good deal. Also, I am planning on buying new. I have never owned anything new before and am really relishing the idea of breaking in my first NEW bike on my own.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you fine people may have to offer up to a newbie such as myself.

Kokua.

PS, I'm looking at Dyna Glides as my itroductory model to HD.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:11 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts
Default RE: South West HD riders...

Bought my Fatboy at Tucson HD. bike was a few above MSRP but nothing crazy. However you should know that when I bought mine, they only had 2 on the floor. They didnt get more till about a month later. My salesguy went to work in a different industry, but if you plan on takin a trip down to Tucson HD, talk to Matt. Real cool guy, knows his product and if my memory serves me right he rides a Dyna as well. A guy I rode with a few times in Tucson bought a Super glide from there and was pretty happy with it and the deal he got!

I was pretty happy with my deal. Only thing Id not want to do again would be getting the extended warranty contract, but thats just a personal gripe. The process is really smooth, and everything

Good luck, and glad to hear another Harley man will soon join the ranks!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Kokua
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! My folks live in Tucson, so the next time I head down to show them their grandbabies, I'll have an excuse to slip out. heh...

Old 04-29-2008, 01:22 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd call around to various dealers in the region and ask what prices/deals they may have.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:12 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Check on the HD website for the MSRP on the bike that you want and go from there.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:17 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Check with 4 Corners HD in Farmington, NM and Durango HD in Durango, Co. Both sell for MSRP and are good to deal with. Both are within a reasonable distance of you.

As far as Grand Canyon, I find their prices to be too high, and the one time I had need of their services, they failed miserably. I broke a drivebelt in Jerome and called them. The service guy said he would call me back in 15 minutes to make arrangements to pick the bike up. I waited about 25 minutes, and called back. He told me he was making arrangements and would call me right back. I am still waiting for that call three years later.

Bill