General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rice Rocket.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008 | 01:22 PM
dynaguy
|
Cruiser
Default Rice Rocket.....

Riders gave me a complment today. I was on I-40 running along about 75-80mph. I saw them coming thought they are going to blow me off road. But beleive it or not they settled in behind me. They followed me about 30 miles. When i exited they followed me . At the light one pulled up and said. HEY man that thing sounds awsome, Cant beat that Harley sound.I told him thanks. But i know i cant touch that Honda 1000RR. Took me by surprise really, Most them guys see a Harley they pull and look and then bye bye on rear wheel.

Old 04-25-2008 | 01:26 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Rice Rocket.....

There are lots of good bikes out there. If you know what they are, how can you not be a fan?

It's cool to get props from "the other side." Nice.

Old 04-25-2008 | 01:35 PM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member

I used to ride with a whole group of mature sport bike/sport tour riders Some of those guys are just great folks.

Old 04-25-2008 | 02:06 PM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member

Ya know...I get to rantin 'n ravin 'bout crotch rockets 'round here 'cause I HAVE had a good many issues with 'em...but we rode over some pretty twisty roads this past weekend, and had these three rocket riders fall in behind us just before enterin the twistiest sections of this particular road...ya know...a sport biker's dream road. From past experience, I fully expected 'em to blast by us with little regardfor our space...but they fell in behind us real polite like. Soon as we hit a reasonable spot...still double yellow...I pulled all the way to the right and flagged 'em 'round in our lane. Got a toot of thanks...a friendly wave...and off they went. These three lend respect to their kind, and the missus 'n I appreciated 'em more than they probably realized.

Thanks for remindin this sometimes grumpy old bastard it ain't all of 'em, dyna.

Old 04-25-2008 | 02:13 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: TequilaJohn

Ya know...I get to rantin 'n ravin 'bout crotch rockets 'round here 'cause I HAVE had a good many issues with 'em...but we rode over some pretty twisty roads this past weekend, and had these three rocket riders fall in behind us just before enterin the twistiest sections of this particular road...ya know...a sport biker's dream road. From past experience, I fully expected 'em to blast by us with little regardfor our space...but they fell in behind us real polite like. Soon as we hit a reasonable spot...still double yellow...I pulled all the way to the right and flagged 'em 'round in our lane. Got a toot of thanks...a friendly wave...and off they went. These three lend respect to their kind, and the missus 'n I appreciated 'em more than they probably realized.

Thanks for remindin this sometimes grumpy old bastard it ain't all of 'em, dyna.
That's how I used to do it when I was Sportbikin' it...Show respect and ya get respect.

Old 04-25-2008 | 02:21 PM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member

good post

Old 04-25-2008 | 02:25 PM
harley50
Cruiser

+1

Old 04-25-2008 | 02:51 PM
steelhorse 1971
Tourer

[/quote] Show respect and ya get respect.
[/quote]

Old 04-25-2008 | 03:12 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Your right there are a lot of good people out there riding all makes of motorcycles.It is fun playing with those that believe they can't be beat,no matter what they ride.Grow up! not ready yet!!!!!

Old 04-25-2008 | 03:14 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member

That is just too unbelievable of a story......are you sure you're not a troll?

Just kiddin'

Quick Reply: Rice Rocket.....