General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well he's at it again.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:05 AM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well he's at it again.

I mentioned a few weeks ago about a guy we hired and one day was talking crap about Harleys and being expensive and slow and blah,blah ,blah.... Well then one day he brought his plastic VTX and I had to laugh. Corrosion on the aluminum,mirror broken off and so on. Anyway, I just said nothing. Well yesterday I brought my 750 Katana and said to him "Did you see MY V-twin eater? I like to take out the metric copiers with this."

He said "Yeah I heard they are fast but I don't think.We can see at lunch." I just turned around and walked away. If this was 15 years ago when I wouldhave come in hung over from Tequilla and beer, I would have broke his nose. But since my wife, God rest her soul (UnforgivenMovie line) has shown me the error of my ways, I just walk way. I can see me now throwing the empty bottle in the mud and kicking some big mouth a$$.

Anyway, the saying goeson't argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Old 04-25-2008, 07:12 AM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Well he's at it again.

ORIGINAL: mulch63

I mentioned a few weeks ago about a guy we hired and one day was talking crap about Harleys and being expensive and slow and blah,blah ,blah.... Well then one day he brought his plastic VTX and I had to laugh. Corrosion on the aluminum,mirror broken off and so on. Anyway, I just said nothing. Well yesterday I brought my 750 Katana and said to him "Did you see MY V-twin eater? I like to take out the metric copiers with this."

He said "Yeah I heard they are fast but I don't think.We can see at lunch." I just turned around and walked away. If this was 15 years ago when I wouldhave come in hung over from Tequilla and beer, I would have broke his nose. But since my wife, God rest her soul (UnforgivenMovie line) has shown me the error of my ways, I just walk way. I can see me now throwing the empty bottle in the mud and kicking some big mouth a$$.

Anyway, the saying goeson't argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience
you will soon come to the conclusion all the squirrels dont live in trees.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:13 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

Well he is right about two things at least
*Harleys are expensive
*Harleys are slow
But people talked about "Jesus Christ" so that people talk negative about harleys does not mean ****!!!!
There are two kinds of riders the ones that own a harley and the ones that wish they did!!!!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:39 AM
RMBLON
Road Captain

When you set the standard, everything is "COMPARED TO A HARLEY". You always have to bad mouth the best to justify your junk. I love the line I heard on hear the other day "Show me your Honda tattoo"

Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 AM
capt775
Road Master

I don't have a Harley Tat, but that statement DOES just about sum it all up. Good post.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Airywhisler
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a co-worker that anytime someone mentions a Harley they just shake their head in discuss and badmouth the bike as American junk, he has a BMW, nice bike and all, but yesterday as he was getting ready to leave work and starting his water cooled beast, a unusal amount of smoke came from the handlebars, the battery exploded, acid all over the bike, his pants caught on fire and he drop the bike. After using the extingusher on him and the bike the only thing I could say was....tee hee

Old 04-25-2008, 09:36 AM
zoopman
Road Master

Very good saying as you will see this type of thing everywhere.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:51 AM
mulch63
Road Master

Well, I have to say after a 120 mile trip for work I made yesterday on the Katana, I came home put on my jeans,boot, hat and glasses, sunk into the Softail and took a nice loooooong relaxing cruise. I thought there ain't NO bike that gives me the satisfaction, feeling and ride like the Harley. "Hey honey, remember I said BIKE"

jim

Old 04-25-2008, 10:21 AM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Remember being single? Ok, you meet a chick at the bar, you tell her you ride. What is the first question out of her mouth? 'Nuff said!

There are only two kinds of motorcycles-Harley and everything else.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Rogue13
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airywhisler

I have a co-worker that anytime someone mentions a Harley they just shake their head in discuss and badmouth the bike as American junk, he has a BMW, nice bike and all, but yesterday as he was getting ready to leave work and starting his water cooled beast, a unusal amount of smoke came from the handlebars, the battery exploded, acid all over the bike, his pants caught on fire and he drop the bike. After using the extingusher on him and the bike the only thing I could say was....tee hee

I would havepaid good money to have seen that!

Quick Reply: Well he's at it again.