General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well he's at it again.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:48 AM
AK47
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Well he's at it again.

ORIGINAL: R1Geezrglide

Remember being single? Ok, you meet a chick at the bar, you tell her you ride. What is the first question out of her mouth? 'Nuff said!

There are only two kinds of motorcycles-Harley and everything else.
Ha ha totally. Couldnt have put it better myself.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:01 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: RMBLON

When you set the standard, everything is "COMPARED TO A HARLEY". You always have to bad mouth the best to justify your junk. I love the line I heard on hear the other day "Show me your Honda tattoo"

Yeah, I've been layin' that line on em for years...never fails to **** em off, and shut em up...[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 04-25-2008, 11:52 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He's JEALOUS [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 04-25-2008, 02:54 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But since he's right there is nothing to argue about. they are expensive and slow, compared to some others. If I was buying for speed it wouldn't be an HD. I buy for the shake rattle and roll.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet. Nice job!

Old 04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
italian biker
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: big_al
There are two kinds of riders the ones that own a harley and the ones that wish they did!!!!
That's not always true. I'mliving example. And I can also afford just about anyone of them I'd want to. HD didn't make one bike with all the features I wanted, and the Vrod was the closest, but I didn't like the riding position. I'm just as happy with my ride as you guys are with yours, and I'm just as proud of it as you guys are of yours. I get the same exact feeling when I ride my Zuki as you do when you ride your Harley.
And I dont' go around bashing bikes no matter who makes them. All mfg's have put out junk models and lemons on occasion. It's going to happen to all of them, inlcuding HD. No matter how much tuning or mods done to a vtwin production cruiser, boring out, etc...from any mfg's cruiser vtwin bike, it will still not beat any production sport bike that's around 1000cc or more stock, taken into consideration theboth riders have equivalent skills. So talking about speed of an HD or just about any cruiser compared to most sport bikes is kind of useless.
And if any of you are wondering whya Zuki rider is posting in an HD forum. I belong to several mfg forums. I have to admit, I find this one more entertaining.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Jumpman
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airywhisler

I have a co-worker that anytime someone mentions a Harley they just shake their head in discuss and badmouth the bike as American junk, he has a BMW, nice bike and all, but yesterday as he was getting ready to leave work and starting his water cooled beast, a unusal amount of smoke came from the handlebars, the battery exploded, acid all over the bike, his pants caught on fire and he drop the bike. After using the extingusher on him and the bike the only thing I could say was....tee hee

That smoke is REALLY hard to put back in.

I kinda had to laugh that you said an unusual amout, as if ther is normally a small amount that comes out whenever he starts the bike.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:16 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: italian biker

There are two kinds of riders the ones that own a harley and the ones that wish they did!!!!
That's not always true. I'mliving example. And I can also afford just about anyone of them I'd want to. HD didn't make one bike with all the features I wanted, and the Vrod was the closest, but I didn't like the riding position. I'm just as happy with my ride as you guys are with yours, and I'm just as proud of it as you guys are of yours. I get the same exact feeling when I ride my Zuki as you do when you ride your Harley.
And I dont' go around bashing bikes no matter who makes them. All mfg's have put out junk models and lemons on occasion. It's going to happen to all of them, inlcuding HD. No matter how much tuning or mods done to a vtwin production cruiser, boring out, etc...from any mfg's cruiser vtwin bike, it will still not beat any production sport bike that's around 1000cc or more stock, taken into consideration theboth riders have equivalent skills. So talking about speed of an HD or just about any cruiser compared to most sport bikes is kind of useless.
And if any of you are wondering whya Zuki rider is posting in an HD forum. I belong to several mfg forums. I have to admit, I find this one more entertaining.
I'll never dispute the fact that the stock sport bikes are faster than stock/modified H-D's....The point is that H-D riders ARE NOT concerned with speed or being the fastest bike on the block.
I consider jap bikes as good "training devices" for an H-D....A set of training wheels, so to speak.

Those who choose to stay with jap bikes is a personal choice...No problem

You will find this forum entertaining.....as would a Confederate Soldier stumbling into a Union camp....Welcome!!!!!

Old 04-25-2008, 05:23 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: italian biker

Yeah, we just hang out here to entertain Kawazuki riders...if you hang around a strictlyHD forum, you're going to hear metrics get bashed once in awhile...suck it up...
comes with the territory...[sm=laughat.gif]

Old 04-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

I've had many rides in my days. Last was a Honda 1800c great bike no problems nothing. Rode my buddies Ultra, I was sold! One week later I had a Street Glide. They may be good, But there not a Harley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Well he's at it again.