General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
No Helmet
10.46%
Half Helmet (this includes skid lids, skull caps, etc)
42.70%
Three Quarter Helmet (comes down to rear of skull)
19.79%
Full Face Helmet
27.05%
Voters: 1061. You may not vote on this poll

CAST YOUR VOTE!! WHAT KIND OF HELMET DO YOU WEAR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 09:11 PM
gumby62
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAST YOUR VOTE!! WHAT KIND OF HELMET DO YOU WEAR?

I'm a no helmet type of guy so I only wear one when the weather is crappy. As long as I'm putting one on I figure I'll go all the way with a full face.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:14 PM
harleyboy63401
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

DOT half helmet. Made by Skid Lid. Has been a pretty good helmet so far!

Old 03-02-2006, 09:21 PM
TJS48
Tourer

3/4 when it is cold and half helmet when it is warm

Old 03-03-2006, 01:15 PM
strokersteve
Intermediate

I WEAR A HALF HELMET. FLORIDA DOESNT REQUIRE IT, BUT ITS MY PUMKIN. ALSO A VERY GOOD JOK STRAP IS NICE, SHARK PROOF GLOVES, AND STEEL REINFORCED TOE BOOTS, STEREO IS AN ESENCIAL TOOL, AND A RADAR DETECTOR, FOR ON YOUR WAY HOME FROM YOUR HOOKERS HOUSE.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:41 PM
74_ironhead
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 74_ironhead

i don't need one where i ride so i never got around to getting one tried a few here and there and haven't found one i like yet.
just got a skid lid from my dad he bought it for me when i put my last J&P order in

Old 03-03-2006, 03:10 PM
SMenasco
Road Master

My half helmet has removable ear flaps. After a few hours, my ears really get sore. Anyone elso have that trouble?

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/5C164C26723D404DA025D6D528EC487B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2006, 03:25 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I wear an arai rx7 rr4 full face helmet. I value my head that much. I have been in several accidents, none of which were my fault, and I learned that its worth it to pay a little extra to protect my head. I used to ride rice rockets, and I don't likt to get pelted by rocks, cigarette butts, etc. I am also warm when it is cold out without a bandana. I t has great vent system for when it is warm out and a washable liner for when it starts to stink. I'd recomend it to all. Of course, if your a hardcore biker, you may not even wear a helmet. The main question here is my head worth $500? The answer is yes, absolutely. Good poll. 2002 Silver Fatboy, lots o chrome no pic right now, jsut gotta transfer it from my old computer.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:57 PM
topchop
Cruiser

I have them all, (half, novelty, and full face). I wear the half most of the time and the novelty(jocky style) one from time to time. I've also ridden without a helmet every so often but I do like to have a little something on my noggen. I've been into pin striping lately and I painted a flying eyeball on the back of a German novelty helmet I had. I think it came out kind of cool.

topchop
Name:  dcp_0036.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  33.5 KB

Old 03-30-2006, 12:20 PM
U-Turn
Advanced

Cigar: I have a credit at the HD dealer for HD helmets only. Was hoping you could comment a bit more on your H-D Stealth Full Face as that one is on my short list but unfortunately they don’t carry for inventory and I’d have to order in so I need to be sure is a good one before committing.

You commented before that vision and hearing is ok but i thought those might be comments for locked down position only???

Do you ever ride with the chin bar flipped up and how has that been regarding turbulence, noise etc. Is the overall comfort, hearing and visibility still good in up position also? I normally wear a medium (58cm) or 23 1/8 inch but have found other full faces in general to fit tighter than half’s especially around cheek area. Does your fit in same size as other half’s or 3/4's you own or tried? Any experiences would be appreciated
ORIGINAL: Cigar Aggie

Got the new H-D Stealth Full Face Helmet that flips up too. After wearing a half for the summer, I decided to go full because it wouldn't take much to really mess up things in a big way. ... I like the flip face helmets esp. when its hot because you can flip them up at stops. Vision is fine (should be turning your head anyway) and I can hear better in the new helmet as there is less wind noise. ...
Thanks,

Old 03-30-2006, 12:26 PM
wingt50dw
Road Master

I wear a Brain Bucket, or chrome jockey, or DOT HD...All are half-helmets. I know the DOT is much safer, but it is soooo ugly and the wind tends to catch it and rattly my noggin just a bit. However, I tend to wear it more when it is cold, especially beacuse it has a zip-in ear cover. I would like to have a DOT low-profile carbon fiber lid, but I can't afford one at the moment.

Quick Reply: CAST YOUR VOTE!! WHAT KIND OF HELMET DO YOU WEAR?