General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else have problems with GoPartsDirect?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:58 PM
2kanzam
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else have problems with GoPartsDirect?

I know...this is long....but sheez, I gotta ventAND I want to know if anyone else has had problems?

I placed an order March 22 with Go Parts Direct for some V&H sideshots black. (over 1 month ago!)

I initially placed the order with JC Motors, whom promptly emailed me the next day saying they were backordered, don't know when they could get any and would happy to cancel the order since my card had not been charged yet. So I went to Go Parts thinking that they too werea reputable company that does alot of business.

GPD stated that 2-3 days should be given for handling time and then I would get a confirmation of shipment. I let about a week go without a confirmation until I called. They told me that the part had been backordered and that my shipment will leave april 12th. This alone angered me that I was already CHARGED $550 for a part that they didn't even have (i realize they are just a middleman) and they didn't even have the consideration to tell me I will be waiting for several weeks longer than expected!

I wrote an email to cutomer service, detailing my disgust and asked what they could do to bring my confidence in this company back.....No reply....ever.

I called april 14th (Monday)to make sure the pipes were shipped the 12th and they guy told me, "Sir we don't ship on saturdays." [:@]GRRRRRRRRR....."ok then, wil it be shipped today?" I said, and he replied, "Yessir, you are #2 on the list for them, we have it and I'll get it out today with an email confirmation". So a couple hours passed and THEIR website said my order status was "shipped" and I got a UPS tracking #....but no email confirmation.

Next day, still no email....so I checked their website again and my order status was now "BACK ORDERED"!!! I called and the guy said "Uh, sorry sir we could not fit it on the truck and we will ship it out tomorrow [Wednesday, 4/16]" [sm=wtf.gif]. Sure enough wednesday came and the shipping status changed back to "Shipped"......still no email confirmation.....

I gave them several days of the benefit of the doubt, even though the UPS tracking # never came up with any info about it until I called today (4/24) because it should be getting here soon.

This little girl answered and told me that it has not been shipped and that it was back ordered!!! So i start to tell her all the BS that I have been fed and that I am getting tired of it. Quite frankly, I thought I kept my composure quite well (It helped that my boss was in the cube right next to me!) but I was noticeably annoyed...AND THEN SHE GETS AN ATTITUDE WITH ME!!!! I keep having to tell her it's not that fact I have been waiting so long, if someone was telling me I had to wait I would have no problem....it is the fact that I was LIED TO EVERY TIME I CALLED AND WHY WOULD THIS TIME BE DIFFERENT????. Well I got her name and she said she will ship it today (Yeah right, heard that before) and she will 3 day express it to me....

Man I hope the message got across. I'm calling again tomorrow to make sure it got shipped. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I will NOT shop there again, nor would I recommend it!!

Old 09-11-2008, 12:02 PM
2kanzam
Tourer

Another guy had this problem.....so watch out everyone!!

Old 09-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you ever get your stuff?

Old 09-11-2008, 02:25 PM
2kanzam
Tourer

I got it....I guess I yelled enuff to have it express delivered a few days after my last call with the girl...

Old 09-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's good....at least you finally got it.....