Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for Loud Exhaust-Lapeer County MI

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 12:24 PM
TBone29
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled over for Loud Exhaust-Lapeer County MI

Throwin out a friendly warning to anyone riding in Lapeer County, MI. The Sheriff Dept. is pulling folks over for loud exhaust. Let me add that I was speeding as well and that was what I thought he was pulling me over for alone. He was real animate about the LOUD EXHAUST during the stop to a point that he was borderline an *** about it. I ended up with a warning in the end and was happy about that, but left with the feeling like he was taking pleasure in screwing with or harassing a biker. Just be aware that they are looking for noise in Lapeer County MI.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Gart
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pulled over for Loud Exhaust-Lapeer County MI

What set-up do you have?

Old 04-24-2008, 01:02 PM
tbone52
Road Warrior

I just had to reply. You know, one Tbone to another.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:18 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I guess it was better he was an *** about it, as opposed to just writing the ticket. I wasn't there, but my thoughts would be that he wanted to be sure that you fully understood about the pipes....

Could also be he is tired of gettin his *** chewed by the Chief/Public/County Commissioners about noise complaints, and he vented a bit of it in your direction.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:19 PM
TBone29
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Gart

What set-up do you have?
Stage I with Rinehart True Duals.....nothing obscene.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:28 PM
TBone29
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

I guess it was better he was an *** about it, as opposed to just writing the ticket. I wasn't there, but my thoughts would be that he wanted to be sure that you fully understood about the pipes....

Could also be he is tired of gettin his *** chewed by the Chief/Public/County Commissioners about noise complaints, and he vented a bit of it in your direction.
Like I said....happy the way it turned out, but my exhaust is far from being obnoxious....I think he just made up his mind that he saw aftermarkets and was going to give me the lecture. Trust me....I was being cooperative and courteous but wouldn't have been so had he pressed the exhaust issue had he decided to write the ticket. He very well could have and I would have respected that and then I would have asked to see his noise meter and how he planned to administer the db test. 88 dbs at a certain passing speed from so many feet in a controlled setting is the law in MI...how do you administer that in the field? I'm just saying that I think the noise side of the coin was borderline harassment is all and I would have fought that it if he wrote it. In the end, he didn't and life goes on.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:35 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Rineharts, while thoaty, aren't what I would call obnoxious......maybe you came across him on a bad night....who knows.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

It seems we will be seeing more of this in the future!

Old 04-24-2008, 02:32 PM
steelhorse 1971
Tourer

It seems that all of our countrys other problems have been solved,nice to know that loud pipes is the most society has to worry about now

Old 04-24-2008, 02:35 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

So what you're saying is SH*T rolls down hill? It's OK for him to act like an A$$ to the people who pay his salary because he's in a bad mood? Poor baby......

Look, if you pull me over, and I hope it's for a good reason, give me the damn ticket. But don't preach or read me some kind of riot act. I'm an adult. If I did something wrong, I'll suffer the consequences....

Quick Reply: Pulled over for Loud Exhaust-Lapeer County MI