Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for Loud Exhaust-Lapeer County MI

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Pulled over for Loud Exhaust-Lapeer County MI

Lol.....I offer an explanation as to WHY the LEO may have been coming across as an ***......so that means that I also am giving an *** chewing, AND have been drinking !

Wow...............

Old 04-28-2008, 12:49 PM
TBone29
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: themensh

Speeding AND loud pipes......
(lucky you didn't get a beer can thrown at you?)

Lesson learned? (the faster you go, the louder your bike is....the QUICKER you go, the louder you bike is.)

You admit you were speeding,you got off with a warning...and you complain complain the 'officer was a 'bit of an ***"? WOW

Chuck
Gee Chuck,

Did I write something in my original post that I missed? I admitted that I was speeding and got a warning of which I was thankful, just saying I didn't appreciate the short lecture on my exhaust which is far from ear splitting. Maybe the guy was having a bad day or whatever. I was courteous and after he got beyond his short 'tude session, so was he and in the end we went our merry ways. My point was to anyone running thru Elba Township in Lapeer County to play it cool is all as he acted as if Loud Exhaust was the work of the devil and would have no trouble pulling people over for it. End of story....don't read into things that aren't there, chief!

Ty

Old 04-28-2008, 12:52 PM
TBone29
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: seniorsuperglideE8

From the west side of MI, where is Lapeer county?
East of Flint. I-69 runs thru it. Elba Township is right on the western edge of the county and close to the freeway.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:58 PM
TBone29
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: WHarris

Were you in town Lapeer? I used to live just east of town around the corner from Ray C's.Parent's are in North Branch, and I ride that way about once a week. Just wondering where in the county you ran into trouble.
WHarris,

Nope out along Davison Road just east of Elba Road when he stopped me in Elba Township. LCSD is contracted to Elba Township like other townships in the county that don't have their own PD's, so this could apply to the entire county as it was a Deputy that made the stop. I live in Davison and like riding out in the rural areas. I grew up in North Branch, most of my family is still out there....Burnside and Lake Pleasant Roads area. Ride safe.

Ty

Old 04-28-2008, 03:43 PM
jimvic
Novice

ORIGINAL: tail11

Why is it that the cars with the filthy rap lyrics blaring so loudly you can hear them blocks awaydon't get tickets? I find that more offensive than even the loudest pipes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13603/243FF486EB8242F7ACC43E5E4E96E7D4.jpg[/IMG]
Oh believe me they do. I know 100's of officer and was one myself for 12+ years. Cops will jack a loud thumping kid much quicker than they will a respectful biker.

I know if I was going to give you a warning be it written or verbal then you would have to listen to my song (aka lecture) on the other hand if I wrote the ticket then you didn't need to hear my ****. The offender would usually be the one who would determine which route we took. If I felt complliance would be gained by going with option one then that's the way it went. On the other hand if you let me know right off the get go you were a dumbass and nothing I could say would have an effect on your future choices then screw ya you get the ticket! Most people were/are good people who just made a mistake and I wasn't one to punish you for that!

Old 04-29-2008, 03:17 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tickets should be for the lottery and warnings should only come with raw chicken.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:11 AM
surv1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MyFirstHD

ORIGINAL: Broken Leg Rider

My Pythons aren't that bad, but they set off my neighbor's car alarm when I pass it - every time - He could turn his sensitivity down, yethas a hard head and won't. Or is too stupidto even know how.

Good thing I'm in New Orleans, LA -not MI.
I had a Honda Shadow with pretty much stock exhaust that set car alarms off. To that point, I've seen the kids with 1000 watt stereo's set off car alarm but never heard of any town that called a meeting and wanted to band Car Tunes from setting up shop.
Actually they did in Gulfport, MS. $1000 fine for loud stereo from your car...for first offense. Don't know the db or distance levels, but they are enforcing it all over town. Glad to see it too.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:12 AM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

Hay this is from a friend with the blind community they want to have the silent hybrid cars and bikes to have some noise.
there have had a few people hurt due to lack of noise

Old 04-29-2008, 09:46 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Donnylee

I am not certain aftermarketmufflers installed by acitizenowneris really illegal all unto itself.Automobiles are notrestricted to Muffler replacements onlyby the originalbrandedmanufacturer, so have they singledMotorcycles out? I think the Stock mufflers stampings are therefor when a bike is sold brandnew by a dealer they must be on the bike. An owner should be able to use any available replacement mufflerhe desires on the market. If that is not the case then they need to make it illegal to purchase aftermarket mufflers period. Might be more effective.....

What can be illegal is the dB at X feet..... They the LEO is reallyill prepared to properly test that against the written law and prove it correctly. Anylaw saying a bike for the rest of its life can onlyhave an orginal Manufactured Muffler is like having a law you can only usetheoriginal manufacturersreplacement tires,oil, handgrips, handlebars, etc..for the life of the bike. None of it makes sense other then the dB limits.... To loud is to loud no matter what stamp is on the pipe.
What I really dig is that when you take em to court, THEY GET OVERTIME! Went through that sh*t with the CHP when they first installed the helmet law in California. Had one CHP write me up 3 times cause he knew I'd take him to court. Lost the first one but talked to the judge and he told me why I lost. Won the next two. A-HOLE!!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:19 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: tail11

. On the other hand if you let me know right off the get go you were a dumbass and nothing I could say would have an effect on your future choices then screw ya you get the ticket! Most people were/are good people who just made a mistake and I wasn't one to punish you for that!

Another bada$$ LEO calling those of us who prefer not tolisten to their preaching diatribe a bunch of "dumba$$eS".

And you wonder why you can't get any respect......[:@]