Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for Loud Exhaust-Lapeer County MI

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 11:29 PM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Pulled over for Loud Exhaust-Lapeer County MI

Why is it that the cars with the filthy rap lyrics blaring so loudly you can hear them blocks awaydon't get tickets? I find that more offensive than even the loudest pipes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13603/243FF486EB8242F7ACC43E5E4E96E7D4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-25-2008, 07:54 AM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tail11

Why is it that the cars with the filthy rap lyrics blaring so loudly you can hear them blocks awaydon't get tickets? I find that more offensive than even the loudest pipes.
They are writing for that down this way. In fact they have now setup a program so the busybody old ladies can stand out by the street and write down the tag number of anything they think is too loud. The numbers get sent to the police dept which then sends the tag owner a letter telling them to toneit down. Now they are pushing to have a fine attached to that. Just what we need, a bunch of old women with nothing better to do getting people fined because they don't like a little noise.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:59 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: themensh

Speeding AND loud pipes......
(lucky you didn't get a beer can thrown at you?)

Lesson learned? (the faster you go, the louder your bike is....the QUICKER you go, the louder you bike is.)

You admit you were speeding,you got off with a warning...and you complain complain the 'officer was a 'bit of an ***"? WOW

Chuck
For the complainers: Yes....**** rolls downhill...it isn't right, but sometimes it happens. Don't worry tho...y'all are grown ups, and you WILL get over it.

To all of you that I have given verbal warnings to in the past (none of you are here, I am sure)....from what I have read here, a ticket is preferable to an *** chewing.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:10 AM
jaxbusa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: tail11

They do.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Lucky66
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

I guess it was better he was an *** about it, as opposed to just writing the ticket. I wasn't there, but my thoughts would be that he wanted to be sure that you fully understood about the pipes....

Could also be he is tired of gettin his *** chewed by the Chief/Public/County Commissioners about noise complaints, and he vented a bit of it in your direction.
What the hell is your problem? He said he already had a lecture from the officer...he didn't need another one from you.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:25 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello from Novi. I will be carefull if I'm in Lapeer County. My mufflers have this stamped on them, "Off road use only. Not legal for street use." So I would have little excuse if stopped. You would have to remove the saddlebag to see it and use a magnifying glass, but it's there.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Asmodeus
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Donnylee

I am not certain aftermarketmufflers installed by acitizenowneris really illegal all unto itself.Automobiles are notrestricted to Muffler replacements onlyby the originalbrandedmanufacturer, so have they singledMotorcycles out? I think the Stock mufflers stampings are therefor when a bike is sold brandnew by a dealer they must be on the bike. An owner should be able to use any available replacement mufflerhe desires on the market. If that is not the case then they need to make it illegal to purchase aftermarket mufflers period. Might be more effective.....

What can be illegal is the dB at X feet..... They the LEO is reallyill prepared to properly test that against the written law and prove it correctly. Anylaw saying a bike for the rest of its life can onlyhave an orginal Manufactured Muffler is like having a law you can only usetheoriginal manufacturersreplacement tires,oil, handgrips, handlebars, etc..for the life of the bike. None of it makes sense other then the dB limits.... To loud is to loud no matter what stamp is on the pipe.
Not in Maryland... It's already illegal to both sell them and install them... I've never seen it enforced, cause there are a whole lot of those little piece of crap imports tricked out around here... The first thing those kids do is put the louder exhausts on them... And there are some wonderfully obnoxious pipes on bikes that I've never seen get pulled over either... I'm guessing you gotta tick someone off or get someone in a really bad mood already to get any grief around here...

§ 22-609. Modification of exhaust system.
(a) Modification that increases sound prohibited.- A person may not modify the exhaust system or any other noise abatement device of a motor vehicle driven or to be driven on any highway in this State in such a way that the noise emitted by the vehicle exceeds that emitted by the vehicle as originally manufactured.

§ 22-610. Sale of mufflers and other abatement devices.
(a) Sale of nonconforming devices prohibited.- A person may not sell or offer for sale in this State for use as part of the equipment of a motor vehicle any exhaust muffler, intake muffler, or other noise abatement device that, when installed, will permit the vehicle to be operated in such a way that the noise emitted by the vehicle exceeds that emitted by the vehicle as originally manufactured.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:46 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lucky66

I guess it was better he was an *** about it, as opposed to just writing the ticket. I wasn't there, but my thoughts would be that he wanted to be sure that you fully understood about the pipes....

Could also be he is tired of gettin his *** chewed by the Chief/Public/County Commissioners about noise complaints, and he vented a bit of it in your direction.
What the hell is your problem? He said he already had a lecture from the officer...he didn't need another one from you.

He's a bada$$ LEO...with attitude.....[:-][:@]

Old 04-25-2008, 12:56 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: RoadKingRon1

Not hardly..........but thank you for your biased opinion.

I was offering a possible explanation, and that is all.

You guys need to see employment a clairvoyants (or liberal strategists) cuz you are damn sure experts on reading into things that just aren't there.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:29 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: RoadKingRon1

Not hardly..........but thank you for your biased opinion.

I was offering a possible explanation, and that is all.

You guys need to see employment a clairvoyants (or liberal strategists) cuz you are damn sure experts on reading into things that just aren't there.

Huh? You really shouldn't drink and post....at least wait until you go on duty....

Quick Reply: Pulled over for Loud Exhaust-Lapeer County MI