General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HARLEY ADVERTISING

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:36 PM
1200babe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HARLEY ADVERTISING

Hubby and I rode out for dinner last night to our fav Mexican restaurant. A few minutes after we were seateda group of 3 guys and a a gal walk in and are seated across the room. 2 of the guys are wearting dewrags and sporting lots of tats. The other guy is dressed in dockers and an HDshirt, the gal is in full Harley regalia including her long fringed HDjacket.I looked at hubby and asked if he had heard any bikes pull up? nope- so we finish eating and go to our bikes and prepare to leave- all the while looking for those other bikes. Nothing on two wheels anywhere in sight. We rode around the block to et better access to a traffic signall and as we went back by the restaurant we see the four of them cloimbing into their SUV. My quesiton is this- I usually only wear Harley stuff, bootsand especially dew rags and fringed jacket etc, when I am on my bike. Do you wear the biker gear all the time?

Old 04-23-2008, 02:48 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: HARLEY ADVERTISING

I think a lot of people wear the clothes and dont even have a bike. Seems like some people that have the bar and shield logo on the window of there cage dont even ride.
[sm=dontgetit.gif] I am just glad they help the moco out by buying the motorclothes. Motorclothes was the only part of HDs business that was up last quarter, all other segments were down.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:58 PM
old95
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I usually am always wearing an HD T shirt, but I'm not always riding the bike, looks like live the life style on the time, there's nothing wrong about that.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:09 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My wife really gets into the whole HD thing....t-shirts, boots, caps...etc (yes, she rides a Deluxe)

I wear t-shirts when I ride but very seldom HD. I've got 5 or 6 hanging in the closet collecting dust....just not my thing...

Funny, we were at a bar Sat. when this big (OK fat) guy walks in, HD shirt, HD doo rag, boots, wallet with 2, yes two, chains on it. Most of us were outside talking and this same dude comes out with a beer, reclines on his bike and drinks his beer. He was on a Yamaha 650.....

Well at least he's riding...

Old 04-23-2008, 04:00 PM
TxDeuce
Tourer

T-Shirt on and off bike.
Leather on bike only.
Boots on and off bike.
No dew rag unless riding.
Baseball cap when it's sunny.
Have a "dress" shirt if going out and want to show my "colors."

Old 04-23-2008, 04:04 PM
sldavis
Road Captain

For some reason I never pay much attention to what other people are wearing......it's not high enough on the "important to me" list to worry about or even notice

Old 04-23-2008, 04:12 PM
georgiabiker
Road Captain

T-shirt anytime
Leather jacket anytime it is cold
Patch covered vest on bike only
Dew rag on bike only
Boots anytime but mostly when riding

I don't try to look less "biker" when I am out in the Jeep, but someone might think I still look a little bit the part.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned

I do wear motor clothes on and off the bike. Some of my jackets are warm, so I wear them to work, etc, and a lot of my motorclothes are better made than just street clothes, so I do wear them out. I do have a couple nice fringe jackets purchased at HD, but no logo on them, but very well made. I love those. Also, a LOT of my life revolves around riding the motorcycle, so I kinda wear what I am. On and off the bike.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:25 PM
harley50
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They were sidewalk comandoes. People with the look but dont own a bike. We call them sidewalk comandoes around here.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:49 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: harley50

They were sidewalk comandoes. People with the look but dont own a bike. We call them sidewalk comandoes around here.
They may have been "garage bikers"-people who own bikes but have never riden the bike.

Quick Reply: HARLEY ADVERTISING