General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Petite woman looking advice on HD purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 07:32 PM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Petite woman looking advice on HD purchase

ORIGINAL: tanya

I did get a bike! \\\\\\;I went with the Nightster . I'm enjoying it thoroughly, \\\\\\;I love it! \\\\\\;I can see myself putting some time/money into another \\\\\\;bike down the road (to lower) but \\\\\\;at this point, \\\\\\;I'm very happy!! I just hit 1000 miles, woohoo! I can plant my feet, back it up/move it around, and I feel in control riding..I think it was a good place to start. \\\\\\;Thank you!! \\\\\\;
Congratulations on the new bike! Be sure to keep coming by to visit wwe really do care

I think you made a wise choice do not let anyone tell you otherwise. Learn how to turn and burn on the sportster and you will be leaving others in the dust.

God Luck!!

Old 07-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Stone1
Tourer

You are getting a lot of good advice and here is another that&nbsp\\;is support of the Softtail Deluxe.&nbsp\\; It has the fatter tires which will likely handle better than a low rider.&nbsp\\; It has the lowest seat height without lowering the bike, it is a sharp bike for male or female.&nbsp\\; My wife is 5'4.5" and has tried about all of them over the past 10 years, the Deluxe is the best fit and this includes every&nbsp\\;other brand&nbsp\\;bike she tested.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:31 PM
tanya
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone..for your luck and advice, it's all good information, and will be helpful down the road as well (except I might have to pass on the stiletto suggestion..would probably fall over just getting ON the bike..ha!)&nbsp\\; I just may&nbsp\\;try to get a picture taken this weekend![sm=smiley17.gif].&nbsp\\;

Old 07-17-2008, 03:37 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned

Tanya-all you need is practice in the stellitos!Im tellin you it CAN be done!Maybe when you get a few more miles we can talk techniqueHave lots of fun on the Nightster.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 PM
ltmdl90
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Low rider or softail deluxe

Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to hear you're loving your Nighster. Me too!&nbsp\\; I'm 5' 3-3/4", and, ahem, around 135 lbs and it's the perfect fit for me. Despite what people say, the Dyna Low Rider is NOT comfortable for me (too wide), and I'd have to do a bit of work to make it so. The Deluxe is a better fit, if and when I ever decide to trade "Saphira" in - but I can't imagine that for a long time to come and by then, who&nbsp\\;knows what other options might be available.&nbsp\\;Good luck and safe riding!

Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Man, this just won't die. In the future I'm starting all new threads with "petite woman wants..." so I'll get lots of replies.