General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Petite woman looking advice on HD purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 02:16 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Petite woman looking advice on HD purchase

Congratulations!&nbsp\\; Sporties are great bikes.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:42 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first and only bike is a 2007-883c. No one told me when I purchased it that it was top heavy so I just learned to ride it.&nbsp\\;I had never ridden as other than a passenger before last year when I decided I finally had to have&nbsp\\;my dream...a Harley.&nbsp\\;I've had no issues with it being top heavy or difficult to control and I've put a lot of miles on it in the year since I bought it. BTW I'm only 5'5" &amp\\; can flat foot pretty much any bike on the showroom floor... long legs.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Dyna_Soar
Banned

ORIGINAL: tanya

I did get a bike!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I went with the Nightster . I'm enjoying it thoroughly,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I love it!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I can see myself putting some time/money into another&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;bike down the road (to lower) but&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;at this point,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I'm very happy!! I just hit 1000 miles, woohoo! I can plant my feet, back it up/move it around, and I feel in control riding..I think it was a good place to start.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Thank you!!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
Don't bother lowering the bike. It's much cheaper if you start wearing Stilettos instead &nbsp\\;

Old 07-16-2008, 02:47 PM
jc15025
Club Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

My friend's wife is 5'0 and she rides a&nbsp\\; 2006 Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe FLSTN/I, seat high is 24.5".&nbsp\\;If that isn't enough you can have the seat lowered and narrowed. JC

Old 07-16-2008, 02:54 PM
jc15025
Club Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Didn't see until after&nbsp\\;I post that you bought a nightster.&nbsp\\; Good riding, JC

Old 07-16-2008, 03:26 PM
SniperCJ
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will I be shunned if I start out on a (black) Nightster..[]??&nbsp\\;That
&nbsp\\;
Absolutely NOT!!&nbsp\\; Guys that say the Sportster is a girl's bike, starter Harley, etc, dont know what theyre talking about.&nbsp\\; Theyre letting their egos make their decisions for them.&nbsp\\; And probably getting their new rider friends hurt in the process.
&nbsp\\;
My girlfriend (5-05 ish) is fairly new to riding (street anyway) and just bought a Nightster.&nbsp\\; She loves it and rides it conservatively.&nbsp\\; It WILL get on down the road if you want it to.&nbsp\\; She almost dropped it in the parking lot doing slow speed stuff and was able to keep it up just fine.
&nbsp\\;
Here she is:
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-16-2008, 04:29 PM
DYNA JIM
Road Captain

I did get a bike!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I went with the Nightster . I'm enjoying it thoroughly,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I love it!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I can see myself putting some time/money into another&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;bike down the road (to lower) but&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;at this point,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I'm very happy!! I just hit 1000 miles, woohoo! I can plant my feet, back it up/move it around, and I feel in control riding..I think it was a good place to start.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Thank you!!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Congrats on a great bike, now were waiting for some pics to see how you look on that hog

Old 07-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Jordy806
Cruiser

&nbsp\\; Still no pic Tanya??

Old 07-16-2008, 06:33 PM
HarleyGirl76
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ButtMan1000

My Son-in-law is on the short side,

He bought a V-Rod and had it lowered.

This bike is amazing well balanced, with a low center of gravity that makes it easy to lean over when stopped and not have the bike want to fall over.&nbsp\\; It is really a nice setup.
&nbsp\\;
I agree, I'm 5'4, 110 lbs and can flat foot the V-Rod with a Sundowner seat.&nbsp\\; I also ride a 1200 Sporty which is lighter.&nbsp\\; I can't flat foot it, but with the lowered seat it's not an issue.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Welcome to the Forum!!!
&nbsp\\;
Lisa

Old 07-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Darthvader
Road Warrior

Man the babes sure get a lot of attention here. I am coming back a a girl in my next life. Screw this stuff.

Tanya,Buy what feels good. Low center of gravity and balance.

Quick Reply: Petite woman looking advice on HD purchase