General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spyder anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008 | 07:50 AM
simpkins
|
Cruiser
Default Spyder anyone?

http://spyder.brp.com/

OK, it looks like a street legal snow mobile but I think I am gonna line up a demo on one of these babies. Looks interesting. Maybe for my wife that is too afraid to ride a motorcycle?

Old 04-23-2008 | 07:54 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: Spyder anyone?

I've seen a couple around here on the street, kinda goofy lookin' IMO

Old 04-23-2008 | 08:06 AM
simpkins
|
Cruiser

Don't get me wrong, I am not giving up my Street Glide for anything, but would like to take one for a spin. Looks like an intersting take on the trike.

Old 04-23-2008 | 08:16 AM
tourman
Cruiser

I've heard nothing but good reviews from owners of these bikes. They look like a blast to drive. They're selling very well to.

Old 04-23-2008 | 08:27 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior

local real estate guy here has two. i rode one a couple of weeks ago. It's like driving an open wheel car. 100 HP rotax engine makes it really fast. first curve not countersteering is an eye opener. priced around $15K.

Old 04-23-2008 | 08:28 AM
rufrider
Advanced

LOL That was my first thought, than a sport ATV lol.
AnywaySkiDoo Doomust be getting pretty hard up for designs. They'll slap wheels on anything and call it a bike.
Next thing ya knowHonda be putting tupperwear on croch rockets. lol,,,,,oh ****, they already did that.
Can't wait till they figure out how to get a motor in one of them wheel chairs and call it a bike or a trick or something.
Whats the world coming to? What next? Woman smokin and drinkin votin and wearin pants?

Old 04-23-2008 | 08:54 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain

I work for a Can Am/ Ski-Doo dealer and had a chance to demo a Spyder for a few hours. What a fun and unique ride! I was very impressed overall.

Any of you who snowmobile will LOVE a Spyder as that is exactly what piloting a Spyder feels like....

The Spyder has huge advantages for riders with bad knees, or lower extremities issues in generall. Women are also showing a huge interest in the Spyder, no more "top heavy" feel, or the fear of lack of balance, or too tall of a seat height. This is the main reasons women get intimidated by motorcycles...

Take advantage of the demo programs and try one, you will love them!

Old 04-23-2008 | 09:16 AM
wideopen1967
Tourer

If money were no object, this would be the one, http://www.trirodmotorcycles.com/

Old 04-23-2008 | 01:51 PM
simpkins
|
Cruiser

For those that have demod this thing, how easy is his to tip over? I had a 3-wheeler ATV that was very easy to tip.

Old 04-23-2008 | 02:23 PM
Road_Clam
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: simpkins

For those that have demod this thing, how easy is his to tip over? I had a 3-wheeler ATV that was very easy to tip.
Virtually impossible to tip a Spyder. I tried.

The Spydersuse a sophisticated electronicanti-roll system that when the Spyder senses excessive front wheel lift, the traction control unit applies light braking to the lifting wheel, allowing the front end to set back down.

But of course, once those crazy canucks find a way to "bypass" the traction control unit(s), look out...... people will get killed... (but have some fun in the process) LOL

Quick Reply: Spyder anyone?