General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The biker look and career choice. A question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 12:02 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: The biker look and career choice. A question.

ORIGINAL: jnlee3

Both ears pierced twice and gauged up a bit. No tats, yet, but have been looking for years. Used to work in bicycle shops with long hair, swore into the military then shaved the head. Kept the close shave, grew the van dyke and kept the plugs.

Work in IT now as a Systems Administrator for a small/mid sized company of fruit growers. Some of them initially seemed to have issues with me but not any longer. The money is alright and I get to wear what I want and tats would never be a problem.
I'm going to take my three guesses....Holtzinger, Zirkle or Stemilt. Did I get it? Iknow there are more but those are the ones I deal with the most.

No piercings, tats or hair (my head outgrew my scalp). I sell parts at a John Deere dealer and could get away with it if I chose to but it's just not for me.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:18 AM
zoopman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I don't think anybody really cares what ya look like on the outside but with that being said--I grow my hair and beard out in the winter as it seems to help keep warm in the winter months. Then in summer I trim it up--makes sense to me! That is what I've always done. I am an autobody repairman by trade. I only wish there was a way out of working and still pay the bills! heehee

Old 04-24-2008, 12:27 AM
spike95
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to have a mohawk and I was a HAZMAT driver and a guitar teacher. I had to get a normal haircut for my new job working on ATM machines, but the goatee isn't going anywhere. Iliked my mohawk, but it was a pain in the a$$ sometimes. I want to get my own business going well enough to be able to quit my day joband lookhow ever the hell I please again.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Ibuck70
Advanced

Started getting tattooed at 16. Have several up and down my arms (wouldn't consider them sleeves). Started work as a machinist, went back to school got my nursing degree, worked as an RN for about 6 years, then joined my wife in the wonderful world of fast food. I like the job and it pays enough to keep our head above water. I keep my down just slightly down my back, but not too long.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:44 AM
gum
Cruiser

Guess I'll join in...hair cut short to the skull, long greying goat,large framed guy. I'm a psychiatricforensic case manager and ride a 05 Fattie.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Acobia66
Cruiser

I bet these guys never worried about their appearance in the workplace or what people thought of chaps, fingerless gloves, etc.

http://www.dougbarber.com/People_Pho...s/outlaws.html

Old 04-24-2008, 10:30 AM
rguilbert
Cruiser

I used to be a golf professional and looked like one.... Now I am into software support for golf software and talk on the phone to customers all day. I have always had a tendency for longer hair, so now it isin a ponytail and am considering some ink. I love the stories of my "transformation" from my co-workers... I got cancer and beat it, and it gave me a new appreciation for life....so now I am going to dress and look like I WANT to, not what i am suppose to.God bless us all and what we look like. We are all different people and look different for a reason. Be happythat we areliving and breathingevery day and try not to be too judgemental of others, you never know who they may be!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:41 AM
FGC
Cruiser

long hair, foo man chu, earing(since i was13)--lawyer---i dont know what you would consider worse a biker or a lawyer or a biker/lawyer

Old 04-24-2008, 10:56 AM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tattoos. visible with short sleeves, peircings, very little hair, facial hair. i own a machine shop.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:00 AM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Shaved head (not much up there if I didnt), forearm tat.

Chevrolet Parts Manager

MikeM

Quick Reply: The biker look and career choice. A question.