General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The biker look and career choice. A question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:40 PM
FatBoy Jay
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The biker look and career choice. A question.

Shaved head and tats sometimes facial hair. I manage a Printing Facility. for a large Business and Industry Association. I clean up nicely when I think I have to.

Jay

Old 04-23-2008, 07:46 PM
NHHog
Tourer

Shaved head, tats that are covered with long sleeves, goatee.. Drug Rep

Old 04-23-2008, 08:00 PM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I don't do anything now, but I was a computer programmer at a very large corporation's headquarters. Personally, it's doubtful you would be fired for it, but I wouldn't show up at an interview that way. I didn't much care if they approved or didn't. If you have limited job mobility and/or are easily replaced then you might ought not take the chance.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bald (not by choice), black and chrome goatee and stash. No tats... yet. Master's Degree - Corporate Vice President, 6 Auto Dealerships. My "other" ride is a 2007 Honda Element. I usually sport a Yellow Labat my side.Hardware is concealed.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:06 PM
farns
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

short to very short hair.
Longish beard, 2 tats, 275 lbs.
Jeans, company shirt, wallet on a chain with my bike fob, Harley shoes.

Sales and Marketing.
I visit corporate customers, deal with suppliers and attend conferences for the company.

I make sales calls on my bike and see corporate clients likewise.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:18 PM
pirateheadman
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I always wanted to grow my hair, and now, at 45 years old, it's been growing out for two years. It's well past shoulder length. One pierced ear. Moustache & goat, kept short. I usually keep a pony tail, but not always. One shoulder tattoo, not visible with short sleeves.

As has been said, if you're good at what you do, no problems.

I am a high school teacher.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

normal hair, no facial hair, no tats, no piercing - all my teeth. I have to get by with the biker version of the "1000 yard stare"

wideglidemike
Cruiser

Bald....They say you loseone hair everytime you screw...been busy. Goatee. No ink.

Own a Web/software development company. I guess I look more like a biker than a computer geek because people tell me they pictured something different before they meet me. My office is in the tallest building in Fort Worth, but I've worn my Harley boots, jeans and a bandana on my head all week. People on the elevator look away and pretend I'm not there.

Wcross
Tourer

BUB = Bald,Ugly & Built. Don't flaunt it & don't hide it. No tats, but not against them. Don't really consider myself a "biker", but others make that assuption. Own a medical company. One of my best employees has a few big tats on his arms & legs and he sometimes makes deliveries for us. We're a really accomodating company to our clients and nobody has ever complained when he's shown up with short sleeves and shorts on. I challenged a 30+ yearfacial hair policy when I worked for a Government Contractor @ 18 years ago. Not tooting my horn, but I was far and away the best one in the unit. When push came to shove, I said I'd f'n walk if I had to abide by a pu$$y policy that was outdated and made no sense. A couple guys were "Grandfathered " in and didn't have to abide by the policy, but if they ever shaved, they could never grow them back. Yet, we were told that we couldn't have beards as the gas masks and other breathing apparatus wouldn't give us a good seal. So, I guess it was ok by them for the older senior guys to die. Bogus. Kept the beard and they changed the policy. First time they had ever reversed one.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:26 PM
cheftail
Advanced

Shaved head do to mother nature. Goat b/c I dont like to shave. Tats all over arms. I had all of these before I got a Harley. Chef for a large covention center. Always been a punk.

Quick Reply: The biker look and career choice. A question.