General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Harley Shipping times, really long?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Landfill_Tim
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago Harley Shipping times, really long?

I ordered Cruise control and Some turnsignal lenses from Chicago Harley back on 04/07. They had 20% off and even with Shipping it was still a deal. ? is how long do they take? It says all parts special ordered on 04/08/08. It's been 11 business days now and still no change in status. There is not really any info on thier website on who to contact. Says items ship in 7-10 business days. Anyone else had crazy delays?

I really want to have the cruise installed before I go to Florida on May 2nd. That only leaves me this weekend to install it. Any prior experiance info is appreciated.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:16 PM
steelhorse 1971
Tourer
Default RE: Chicago Harley Shipping times, really long?

I bought some stuff from them last year and it took 3 weeks to arive,good prices bit they are slow on shipping.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:19 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Zanotti's is the way to go. Same pricing as Chicago Harley and they always ship same day if the product is in stock. I quit buying from Chicago because of their long shipping times.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Landfill_Tim
Cruiser

Good to know in the future. I figured a month lead time was enough. I just hope I get it before Thunder Beach.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:32 PM
rex0350
Advanced

If it's something I don't need right away, I'll order from CHD. Yes, they can be slow.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:19 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered from them a coule of weeks ago.....some items special ordered......at my door within 2 weeks.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: sleepman54

Zanotti's is the way to go. Same pricing as Chicago Harley and they always ship same day if the product is in stock. I quit buying from Chicago because of their long shipping times.
I found the opposit to be the case, Zannotti's never answer my emails either.[&o]

CALL 888-338-6868 and ask for "Eric in Internet Department", He will let you know what's going on.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:30 PM
bobbyd3
Tourer

Depending on what they have in stock or not chicagoHD can be a fast shipper.

I placed a largeorder in march for everything I would need for maintenance throughout the year, including a couple specialty tools. Tools needed to be ordered from harley so it took almost 3 weeks to get the order.

Then couple weeks ago I placed another order on a thursday night for a few items I forgot or just now needed and the order arrived the 5 days later on tuesday.

I have never ordered from zannotis so I cant tell you how they are. I just know these online dealers are alot quicker and easier than going to the dealership if your ordering alot of stuff plus the 20% off doesn't hurt.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Bluerose

First time I ordered from Chicago Harley it took 6 weeks...have had a few about the same and a few less. I only order from them when I don't care when I get it.

First time I ordered from Zanotti's was this year. THe shipping was reasonable. Can't say better or worse because what I bought was in stock items.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Out of stock parts take up to ten days to get to the dealer, then add in the time it takes to get to you. Harley dealers do not stock hard parts anymore, not enough room with all the t-shirts and chrome trinkets.

Quick Reply: Chicago Harley Shipping times, really long?