General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my wife says I'm obsessed....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:15 PM
dleeds
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my wife says I'm obsessed....

She's not mad about me riding, she mostly thinks I'm obsessed because I either want to ride the bike, clean the bike, or log on here and listen to you guys talk about bikes. I haven't been able to go on a long ride yet, so I keep going on quick little 20 mile rides when I can. I want to go on about a 200 mile ride this saturday if nice, maybe down to lynchburg, with a stop at Hooters in Murfreesboro somwhere along the way.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:30 PM
DWB042807
6th Gear

120 over 80
110 mg glucose

Normal? You bet. Just wait until the days grow even longer.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Danni
Novice

ok... i know im going to get yelled at BUT.... how would you feel if your wife left you home with the kids all the time and took off to enjoy herself.... im having the same problem with my fiance' ...thats why i joined this forum to see why he is obessed! ive tried to go out there and wash his bike with him ( ya know "spend time together ") but sometimes i just want to take a bat to the darn thing lol... once you start missing or leaving your families parties early then i would say you have a problem!! And pleaseeee dont listen to the few men out there who have the attitude that ' No women isnt gonna tell ME what to do!!' just a bit of advise lol

Old 04-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Danni

ok... i know im going to get yelled at BUT.... how would you feel if your wife left you home with the kids all the time and took off to enjoy herself.... im having the same problem with my fiance' ...thats why i joined this forum to see why he is obessed! ive tried to go out there and wash his bike with him ( ya know "spend time together ") but sometimes i just want to take a bat to the darn thing lol... once you start missing or leaving your families parties early then i would say you have a problem!! And pleaseeee dont listen to the few men out there who have the attitude that ' No women isnt gonna tell ME what to do!!' just a bit of advise lol
Family party??!?

Normally I'd say "If I have to explain it, you wouldn't get it"... so yeah, there's just no way you'll get it. Go ride one. Then maybe you'll understand. Maybe.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:17 PM
dleeds
Cruiser

My wife and I have been married for 13 years, and we both understand we each need our own time alone. If I go for a ride, I'll trade off and watch the kids so she can go out and do something another day. She hasn't seemed very anxious to try riding with me yet, but I'm sure she will eventually. She might like it, or hate it... either way I'll still ride whenever I can and she won't have a problem with it (usually), she just doesn't understand what it's like just yet. Same way I don't really understand why she likes to take 2 hour bathsto read, but hey, it's something she likes to do so I try to let her whenever she wants to while I do something with the kids. Just today I called her from work and said I was gonna ride over to a new Harley Service shop before coming home to check on a race tuner. She wasn't thrilled at the idea because she had a hard day with the kids, but said it was fine and try to be back in a few hours. I was, and then we sat outside and talked while I cleaned the bike and watched the kids. There has to be compromises from both or there will be problems, IMO. Who knows, maybe she'll like riding as much as I do and we can get her a bike and ride together. Maybe it's just me but I'm not big on someone on the back of my bike, seems crowded and it makes me nervous.....