General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my wife says I'm obsessed....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:27 PM
michele205mmi
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my wife says I'm obsessed....

Ok. Time for a womans perspective! Well, a woman that rides a harley and a Kawaski Ninja, and a suzuki katana? So, Im not sure how fair my perspective really is, but anyway, I just started riding about 1 1/2 ago. It's the most awesome thing I have ever done, and I too ride wherever I can and whenever I can. Good news my husband rides to. So, maybe you need to talk her into giving riding a try? Then you both can be obsessed together! NOW THATS PERFECT!!!

Dude, just try to include her, get her into it to...if you don't, you might be sleepin alone!

Old 04-21-2008, 03:42 PM
harley50
Cruiser

My son cuts my grass gives me more time to ride.And when something breaks around the house go for a ride so you can clear your mind before attempting to fix it.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Naw...its not an OBSESSION as much as it is PASSION for something new. Ask her is she remembers what it was like when you first got married? Remember all the sex?....kinda' went away, didn't it? Eventually the bike will come down witha headache of itsownand it'll just be you and the TV again.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:26 PM
damnitj
Advanced

Ride on brother ride on. I ride mine at every opportunity keep up the good work.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:52 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: dleeds

Ok, I've only had my Fat Bob for 4 days, and I've put about 270 miles on it... ( I have to work) . Last night I told her I was getting up early to go for a ride before the kids woke up.... Then I had to cut the lawn today before going to a friends for dinner, I practically ran the mower around the yard so I could squeeze in a short ride before leaving out for the night.. then I rode the bike to the friends house while she took the kids in the van. My wife says I'm obsessed with my new bike, and I might agree. Is it just me or do you guys ride every chance you get in nice weather?
4 days and only 270 miles. Pfffttt. That's nothin'.

I had my 06 Ultra 3 days and took it in for the 1000 mile service and it only had 13 on the ODO when I picked it up.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:18 PM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: AK_Hog_Herder

ORIGINAL: dleeds

Ok, I've only had my Fat Bob for 4 days, and I've put about 270 miles on it... ( I have to work) . Last night I told her I was getting up early to go for a ride before the kids woke up.... Then I had to cut the lawn today before going to a friends for dinner, I practically ran the mower around the yard so I could squeeze in a short ride before leaving out for the night.. then I rode the bike to the friends house while she took the kids in the van. My wife says I'm obsessed with my new bike, and I might agree. Is it just me or do you guys ride every chance you get in nice weather?
4 days and only 270 miles. Pfffttt. That's nothin'.

I had my 06 Ultra 3 days and took it in for the 1000 mile service and it only had 13 on the ODO when I picked it up.
Took me 5 days and had 16 on odometer (wife was there for most) life couldn't be better
Ride on!!! AK Herder

Old 04-21-2008, 06:28 PM
NHHog
Tourer

First you need to set the wheels on your mower as low as they go in order for the lawn to burn out. Next you have to always volunteer to go to the store for milk etc.. on the bike whenever you can. Just don't let her know your new favorite store is 20 miles away.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:44 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Obsessed is when you have more then two and cant decide witch one to ride...O the pain...

Good luck and dont forget about the other half.....

Old 04-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

My wife now thinks something is WRONG if I don't ride. [sm=confused06.gif]She knows that it relaxes me and makes me a little more mellow around the house. I do ride to work because its better on gas than my truck. I seem to get home a little later these days.....guess the roads keep changing or something....anyway you are not obsessed....yet [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 04-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Lord Albany
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I make up reasons to hop on the bike. My car was the love of my life till I bought my motorcycle.

Quick Reply: my wife says I'm obsessed....