General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohio to Virginia Beach. Any tips ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:07 PM
ratmotortom
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ohio to Virginia Beach. Any tips ??

Planning a trip to Virginia Beach in June. Will be traveling from West Central Ohio. Anyone got any good tips for roads to take, places to stay, etc. Probably take it easy and take two days to get there, spend 2 days there and spend 2 days getting home. Never been there, so I need a little advise. Thanks all !

Old 02-14-2006, 05:22 PM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ohio to Virginia Beach. Any tips ??

There is a web site..... http://www.vrbo.com/ Vacation rentals by owner. The main page gives you a map of the US. Click on the state you will be visiting and it will give you a blow up map of that state. Click on the area you wish to stay in and it will give you a list of private homes, condos, duplexes and cabins available in that area. I have been using it for years. You can generally find alot nicer place to stay, for alot less money, than any hotels in the area........

Old 02-14-2006, 05:59 PM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain

I don't know your route but if you go through Charleston West Virginia get off the interstate in Charleston and take route sixty through the mountains it is about a 70 mile ride through some of the prettiest mountians and twisties that I have ever seen. It will bring you back out on the interstate at Sam Black a little community on I-64 which goes right into Virginia and at that point you would be about six and a half hours from Va. Beach. I was born and raised about mid way between Charleston and Sam Black so I know the area very well. You won't regret it, it's the same route Rolling Thunder takes each year to get off the interstate for a while.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:11 PM
ratmotortom
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: WVICEMAN

I don't know your route but if you go through Charleston West Virginia get off the interstate in Charleston and take route sixty through the mountains it is about a 70 mile ride through some of the prettiest mountians and twisties that I have ever seen. It will bring you back out on the interstate at Sam Black a little community on I-64 which goes right into Virginia and at that point you would be about six and a half hours from Va. Beach. I was born and raised about mid way between Charleston and Sam Black so I know the area very well. You won't regret it, it's the same route Rolling Thunder takes each year to get off the interstate for a while.

Nice tip. Looks like a good road. ! Thanks.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:48 PM
ultrared
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, gimme a PM when you get in town!! Lotsa places to stay on the oceanfront, but you probably want to start looking now...big tourist area. We have a big, new dealership getting ready to open here in about 3 weeks...Bayside HD, so check it out. They are not new, just moving to a bigger/nicer place. Nice people. Enjoy your trip!

-

Old 02-14-2006, 08:31 PM
ratmotortom
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ultrared

Hey, gimme a PM when you get in town!! Lotsa places to stay on the oceanfront, but you probably want to start looking now...big tourist area. We have a big, new dealership getting ready to open here in about 3 weeks...Bayside HD, so check it out. They are not new, just moving to a bigger/nicer place. Nice people. Enjoy your trip!

-
Would love to drop you a PM, but shall be computer less for the week. Will lodging be an issue during the week??. Usually travel without a plan or reservation. Maybe not a good idea to travel like that there.????? Probably will be staying 2 nights.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:13 PM
roadglide65
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would agree with WVICEMAN 60 is a great road you might want to stop at New River Gorge Bridge I think it about 10 miles south of RT 60 on RT 19.

If you make it to Covington VA the first day and want a nice side trip take RT220 north to Warm Springs or VA rt 39 and follow that through Goshen Pass and back to lexington.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:35 PM
ratmotortom
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: roadglide65

I would agree with WVICEMAN 60 is a great road you might want to stop at New River Gorge Bridge I think it about 10 miles south of RT 60 on RT 19.

If you make it to Covington VA the first day and want a nice side trip take RT220 north to Warm Springs or VA rt 39 and follow that through Goshen Pass and back to lexington.

Yes ! I've been to the bridge several times. If we get that way, we'll return for another visit. Great place. The bridge is actually in Fayetteville, WV, just North of Beckley on 19.