Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Harley today

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:35 AM
grandpa jim
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Harley today

Friday drove 350 miles to my nearest HD dealer. Got into town late spent the night at my brother in laws, couldn't sleep much but when I woke up at 6:AM looked out side only to see that my Honda Sabre that I had brought with me in the back of mt truck that i had sold to a Friend , who was picking it up from me their had 2" of F*** SNOW on it and every were else I thought for sure that the gods were having a good laugh on me. After waiting for my new Road King for 2 month and finally getting the call that it was inand that I wasn't even going to get to take it for my first ride that day. I've been waiting for this day for over 36 years! But the snow just kept on coming down.[&o] After all this was April 19, but a cold front came down from the north and the whole Provence (BC Canada) was hit with this. When I got to the HD dealer at 1 minute after 9:00 there it was Crimson Red Sunglo siting in the show room with my name on it and another sign that read SOLD PLEASE DO NOT SIT ON. So I came right up to her swung my leg over and OH YA it was sweet and it was MINE! Then I heard over the other 10 guys who were in the shop complaining about the weather " SORRY SIR COULD YOU PLEASE GET OFF THAT BIKE IT'S SOLD" I looked up and smiled and he said sorry Grandpa Jim I didn't see that it was you. Snow what Snow I was was in HOG Heaven and it wasn't a dream. The dealer was having Harley test drive day the nextday and the truck was coming in that night so the whole mod in the shop was a bit low but when the group of people found out this was my first Harley the mod changed and a lot of well wishes and pats on the back. Felt like I had just found a family I hadn't seen in a very long time.
Well we loaded her up in my truck and brought her home snowed most of the way home. When I got home (Nelson BC) that nightthere was 1.5 " of snow every were. Parked my truck in mycar port,bike still in the back and I would unload it in the morning. Got on her anyway started her and just sat on her idling and felling pretty dam GOOD. Well now it's morning and snow or no snow she's coming off the truck so I'll post you all after my first ridemaybe it will warm up to day and get rid of the snow. Last weekend it was 65 hear. What happened to the weather why this weekend.[:@] Oh well I've got my first Harley!

Old 04-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Carolina Fatboy
Road Master
Default RE: My first Harley today

Congratulations! Welcome to the HD family. Take heart that even in Canada riding weather is just around the corner.
Ride on, ride safe and keep the shiny side up!

Old 04-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Pauly
Advanced

Good job man!! Welcome to the world of endless purchasing. It really doesn't stop. There is always something you see in a mag or on the road that you just have to add to your bike.

I've been watching the snow and all the crap you guys are getting on the news. Sucks! Especially on new bike day. I'm over in Ontario and it's been in the mid 70's for the last few days and looks to be staying in 70's for a most of next week as well. Sorry about that.... not really

Old 04-20-2008, 09:49 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new ride, there's nothin' like your first Harley!

Old 04-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Gart
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations.

You have already experienced the "good things come to those who wait". Since you already waited 2 months for delivery, waiting until the roads are clear will only be a minor inconvience.

Ride smart until you are comfortable with what you got.

Gart

Old 04-20-2008, 09:59 AM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

I just gota be a horses ****.....whats snow?

Old 04-20-2008, 09:59 AM
aarrowhead10
Cruiser

Congrats and always ride safe!

Old 04-20-2008, 10:00 AM
reefrider
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats on the new "KING"! Yea that darn cold front ruined a lot of riding this weekend. I'm sure you will be logging miles on your scooter soon though. Take the time to aquaint yourself and get some pics posted.
Ride safe...........rr

Old 04-20-2008, 10:09 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on the new RK!

Here in Montana, we're not riding this weekend either. But it's still nice to see it in the garage.

Enjoy!

Old 04-20-2008, 10:10 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats. Good choice on the King.

We are 500 miles S of you and we got a taste. Just a dusting that melted within the hour, but why so cold?

I think I'll go have a chat with Al Gore and see what's up.

Ride carefully. Take a good class if you haven't. It's amazing what they can teach that folks never figure out for themselves.

Quick Reply: My first Harley today