General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is it that... (RANT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 07:42 AM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why is it that... (RANT)

People feel it is necessary to tell every horror story they know about ANYBODY that has EVER been hurt/killed on a bike when they find out you ride?
[sm=headbang.gif]
Yesterday, my lovely bride and I went on a nice little ride (300 miles). As part of the ride, we took the Mobile Bay ferry across to Dauphin Island (recovering from Katrina, but making progress...) While on the ferry, I get the whole... "Ooooh nice bike, I could never ride one tho, my cousin's aunt's best friend's little brother was killed on one when he was hit by a semi going 90 blah blah blah.... PLEASE tell me you wear a helmet...."

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am trapped on the ferry. Cannot get away from her. Then another guy walks up and starts the whole thing too... I swear it was the same dasmn story... coulda been a tape recording!

There were 30 kids on the boat so I have to sit on my bike while the little house apes tear all over the deck so they don't burn themselves on the pipes or knock her over...

Then I get on here and one of the first posts I see is the vid of the guy getting whacked on the scooter, and the guy that posted it says he was LAUGHING all day about it.....[sm=wtf.gif]FIVE different people sent me this vid at work. I don't wanna see that crap......... dammit man! Do they think that I don't know that riding in traffic can be dangerous?
[sm=dontgetit.gif]
Ok............... it is a beautiful day and I have a few things to do around the house then I am going for a ride..........

Have a great day and keep the rubber side down.

Rant Over.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:45 AM
HD4DP
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why is it that... (RANT)

+1

Old 04-20-2008, 07:49 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wait till you set up a trampolene,,, every friggin neighbor comes over to tell ya,,
"cousin Bob's twin sisters mother broke her neck doin flips!"

Old 04-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ChiefGator

People feel it is necessary to tell every horror story they know about ANYBODY that has EVER been hurt/killed on a bike when they find out you ride?
[sm=headbang.gif]
Yesterday, my lovely bride and I went on a nice little ride (300 miles). As part of the ride, we took the Mobile Bay ferry across to Dauphin Island (recovering from Katrina, but making progress...) While on the ferry, I get the whole... "Ooooh nice bike, I could never ride one tho, my cousin's aunt's best friend's little brother was killed on one when he was hit by a semi going 90 blah blah blah.... PLEASE tell me you wear a helmet...."

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am trapped on the ferry. Cannot get away from her. Then another guy walks up and starts the whole thing too... I swear it was the same dasmn story... coulda been a tape recording!

There were 30 kids on the boat so I have to sit on my bike while the little house apes tear all over the deck so they don't burn themselves on the pipes or knock her over...

Then I get on here and one of the first posts I see is the vid of the guy getting whacked on the scooter, and the guy that posted it says he was LAUGHING all day about it.....[sm=wtf.gif]FIVE different people sent me this vid at work. I don't wanna see that crap......... dammit man! Do they think that I don't know that riding in traffic can be dangerous?
[sm=dontgetit.gif]
Ok............... it is a beautiful day and I have a few things to do around the house then I am going for a ride..........

Have a great day and keep the rubber side down.

Rant Over.
It drives me batty as well. I usually go into the blank stare mode when people start telling me that crap and walk away if I can.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:00 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The line I usually use,,,,
"thats the way we weed our weak"

Old 04-20-2008, 08:14 AM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think people that do that have a secret wish they could ride & own a Harley, spouting off that crap to someone gives them a reason in their mind why they should'nt, or they're just damn jealous!

Old 04-20-2008, 08:23 AM
cwilks
Banned

Your absolutely right.....goes for just about everything you do......I just turn it around on em.....if they're in a car or truck just say..."ya know I knew someone's sister's cousins best friend who died in an automobile accident what a coincedence"

MORONS

Old 04-20-2008, 08:25 AM
sl3slinger
Banned

i hate it also, and another thing, it seems theres a lot of people, who feel the need to post of every accident they hear about involving a motorcycle, so i usually dont click on accident thread unless its one asking for prayers or if it involves someone here on the forum!

Old 04-20-2008, 09:18 AM
kwas
Cruiser

Same sh*t here. I'm washing or wrenching the bike and some neighbor feels obligated to stop and tell me a horror story. And like you all have said, it's the same theme over and over again.It has to be their way of justifying to themselves why they don't ride.

I get the same type of crap when someone finds out I'm a LEO. Tell me all about getting tickets, rude cops, etc etc etc....... I usually stop them in their tracks with "lucky he didn't slap you for that, I would have" the look is priceless.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:22 AM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 I can't stand people like that. And it isn't just motorcycles...lots of strangers feel the need to share their opinion about anything you are doing, own, look at.... I was raised to mind your own business, which takes up all of my time

Quick Reply: Why is it that... (RANT)