General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hunt for another seat begins....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Friendzwitm
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hunt for another seat begins....

I had Riches custom upholestry and seats, North end of Seattle do a saddle, the guy has a policy of keeping you in the shop for the afternoon, and if the passenger is there he will accomodate. I have no end of comfort at the end of a ride, he took the stock seat off and made a Truly Custom seat, with gell pad and did the tank strap as well as the backrest all in the same color leather. A little pricy at $800 but where my butt is concerned well spent. this might be of interest, he has an old shovel in the shop and its done each element in ostrich, rattlesnake, and the list is long, the whole bike in many different skins, the guy is good, when he talks to you about how you want it he pays attention to every detail. give him a call. He hates corbin, and most of the other bolt ons.... good luck. ride to live again.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:26 PM
bulkman2008
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the advice , I hear good about both sundowner and mustang , also bad about each . Hate to put out $450. for a seat that`s no better than I have . Replace gf. for a smaller *** seems to be the cheapest way to go !

Old 04-19-2008, 07:36 PM
HD 472
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what about as softail custom seat. you will need thebackrest.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:42 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

ORIGINAL: HD 472

what about as softail custom seat. you will need thebackrest.
I already have a quick releasebackrest & rackso the king/queen won't work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:00 PM
kwoozn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Friendzwitm

I had Riches custom upholestry and seats, North end of Seattle do a saddle, the guy has a policy of keeping you in the shop for the afternoon, and if the passenger is there he will accomodate. I have no end of comfort at the end of a ride, he took the stock seat off and made a Truly Custom seat, with gell pad and did the tank strap as well as the backrest all in the same color leather. A little pricy at $800 but where my butt is concerned well spent. this might be of interest, he has an old shovel in the shop and its done each element in ostrich, rattlesnake, and the list is long, the whole bike in many different skins, the guy is good, when he talks to you about how you want it he pays attention to every detail. give him a call. He hates corbin, and most of the other bolt ons.... good luck. ride to live again.
Wish I could have stayed in Seattle a little longer (like 22 months away from home was not long enough!)
Was planning on setting up some seat time in his shop!
Never heard a bad word about Rich's and anyone you talk seats with for the most part don't even mention OEM or aftermarket!
All you say is the truth!!

Old 04-21-2008, 12:18 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You owe yorself the time to check out C&C seats. Every day someone asks to sit on my seat. I've got a sport tour on my RG and it has abig ol passenger seat and a nice deep bucket for the rider. In fact, I was thinking the passenger seat was a little too wide for my diminutive wife but she loves it!

http://www.ccseats.com/