General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, what's the dumbest thing you ever did on a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 02:41 AM
SpeedsterX
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ok, what's the dumbest thing you ever did on a bike?

I'll start.

This is not bragging. I'm not telling anyone this was smart or safe but it happened. After a night of drinking, my girl and I were riding through a curvy area directly next to the river and doing about 45 mph. Obviously, her on back, me on front. She decides to get alittle frisky and starts to try kiss me from the back. I am trying to keep my eyes on the dark road at 3:30 AM with my neck twisted as far back and turned to the left as possible to "please" her wishes. Well, I guess she wanted more and begins to slide one of her legs around me and her butt from the backseat, to my left hip, and finally to the top of the tank. Why I did not just stop somewhere, I truly don't know. Now she's facing me between the handle bars and myself with her legs wrapped around my waist and deeply kissing me. Wish I could say I was caught up in the romantic moment but I truly concentrated my eyes on the road and keeping the ride between the lines. After about a couple of miles or so of this, I finally decide to stop in a very dark spot next to the river and finish her, um,
"needs".

I have no clue what I would tell a cop if we would have been caught but I would have gladly taken just a citation. LOL!

Well, I can count four stupid things that I did or let happen on this ride,
BUT DAMN!!!!!!! SHE'S COOL!!! We are still somewhat dating and we talk about it from time to time. I know to some of you this is really nothing and to some this seemed like a suicide ride, but I'm bored and thought I'd share.

I would love to hear some of your experiences. Ride safe!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/4802/47CA560C6CAD44A79B9224C102A8CA48.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-14-2006, 04:02 AM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ok, what's the dumbest thing you ever did on a bike?

When I was young and foolish (not too long ago ) a car on the road was giving us some grief so I pulled up along side it while we were doing about 60 kph (about 35mph) and kicked the drivers door. I got the wobbles and nearly fell off my bike much to the amusement of the car driver.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:06 AM
iwant1
Tourer

It was the first day I rode my new (2nd hand) bike in to work. It was a honda VF 750s at the time. I pulled up and parked out the front of the building.

The end of the day came around and I started the bike up and put my gear on. A small audience at work peered out of the window to watch me as they hadn't seen me ride before, so I gave them all a circus performer style wave before getting on.

Full of confidence I sat on the bike and pulled away. I got about half a foot when the padlock I had put in the front disk and forgotten about lodged in the caliper. The bike suddenly stopped and before I had a chance to put a foot down, and down we went. As I got up a could see all of the staff in the company I work for p1ss1ng themselves laughing inside. It must have looked hillarious as from their perspective I had just fallen off for no reason at about half a mile an hour.

Without a doubt the most embarrasing moment of my life, and to top it all off, one of the folks watching became my mother-out-law, who reminds me regularly of it.

Hence the reason for those bright colored disk lock reminder things.

We must never speak of this again

Jim

Old 02-14-2006, 05:10 AM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've already posted one dumb thing today (The dumbest thing I ever did.) and that's enough for now. Catch you later.[sm=nono.gif]

Old 02-14-2006, 05:21 AM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the age of 50, I tried to show two 20 year olds that I could still "run with the y'nguns" in the desert. I wound up endoing my Honda XR 600 R, breaking my collar bone, two ribs and cracking my shoulder blade. Guess I showed them! [sm=outcold.gif] .... BC

Old 02-14-2006, 06:21 AM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

Let see , first dumbest thing ( there is more than one ) I did was on my first bike , a 1968 Kawasaki 90 , 16 years old - 1971 was the year . While out riding a country road at 60 mph here comes a safety cone on the center line , one of the taller cones , maybe 2 1/2 tall .
Well I wind up to give this thing a good kick at 60 mph , stupid mistake . It lifted me right off the seat into a nice straight up handstand only thing still on the bike was my hands on the bars . God must have been watching out for me that day as some how I landed back on the seat although I was oll over the road for a bit . Never made an attemp to hit or kick anything on a motorcycle since !

Watched a buddy slap a gal on the *** at slow speed , maybe 10 -15 mph , also a dumb move . Just about broke his had and knocked the unsuspecting sweet thing down .

Dan

Old 02-14-2006, 06:47 AM
MOking
Tourer

I had a cager push me into a concrete median one time....I held the 4-5 ft of pavement in between cager wall. This was my second day of legally riding on the streets.

The dumb part was when I road raged on her a**. After trying to get her attention on the road with no success, I proceded to scream at her at the next light.

She rolled her window up. I then realized how stupid it is for a bike to rage against a cager. No matter what happens, the bike loses.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:04 AM
timbo
Cruiser

A handstand at 45mph with no pants on.

Old 02-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Streaked Daytona on my Sturgis in 1982

Old 02-14-2006, 04:20 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First bike, Kawasaki F9 Bighorn 350 single cylinder two-stroke.

Had it all of two days. Rode up to my uncle's house, pulled up in the front yard, stopped, and did a slow motion imitation of Arte Johnson as I fell over. Forgot to put my feet down!

Quick Reply: Ok, what's the dumbest thing you ever did on a bike?