General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, what's the dumbest thing you ever did on a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 02:05 AM
SpeedsterX
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ok, what's the dumbest thing you ever did on a bike?

Ok people, some lessons learned so far.......

Before we start the Harley, make sure the forks aren't padlocked or fork locked. Get on, start her up (electric start preferred, get rid of the kicktart). Let "HER" on back (and make sure she knows she's wanted on back, especially if "she's" the wife) and make sure she STAYS on back no matter how horny she gets. The gas tank is NOT for asses.

While riding, don't kick at the Cagers doors or road cones and keep the water balloons in the saddle bags. Stop taking on kids half your age, little brothers, and fathers nearby. Remember, golf courses are made for golfing, public parks made for families, front lawns made for mowing and Daytona NOT made for streakers. As you are riding, always know where the cops, cattle and Volkswagon's are! If you have been drinking and you do get stopped by the "5-0", always, ALWAYS, have a topless big breasted lady on back that is dating your friend and don't forget to bang her!

And last but not least, don't forget about gravity! When you stop the Harley, PUT YOUR FEET DOWN!!!!!!!

Do we have that???? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/4802/69AD143659544577BE60E68F29DC53C1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-16-2006, 07:19 PM
2joes
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

20 years old, getting out of work, in a hurry. Jumped on the old Honda, kickstarted 'er up, tossed it in gear - - forgot about the forks being locked in the extreme left position. About 15 guys laughing for a good fifteen minutes on that one! Over it goes, scratches the tank, crushes the muffler, etc.

To this day I still check any bike I get on for locked forks. Good lesson learned. I hate learning things the hard way.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:42 PM
William
Tourer

ORIGINAL: SpeedsterX

Before we start the Harley, make sure the forks aren't padlocked or fork locked. Get on, start her up (electric start preferred, get rid of the kicktart). Let "HER" on back (and make sure she knows she's wanted on back, especially if "she's" the wife) and make sure she STAYS on back no matter how horny she gets. The gas tank is NOT for asses.

While riding, don't kick at the Cagers doors or road cones and keep the water balloons in the saddle bags. Stop taking on kids half your age, little brothers, and fathers nearby. Remember, golf courses are made for golfing, public parks made for families, front lawns made for mowing and Daytona NOT made for streakers. As you are riding, always know where the cops, cattle and Volkswagon's are! If you have been drinking and you do get stopped by the "5-0", always, ALWAYS, have a topless big breasted lady on back that is dating your friend and don't forget to bang her!

And last but not least, don't forget about gravity! When you stop the Harley, PUT YOUR FEET DOWN!!!!!!!

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 02-16-2006, 10:55 PM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member

I certainly learned a lot.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:29 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Well............that's a start......

Old 02-16-2006, 11:41 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Oh yeah.......I almost forgot. About 2 weeks after my previous fiasco..I am on a major 4 lane 2 way divided hwy during rush hour when this really fine blonde pulls up next to me at a stoplight in a Mustang convertible and says "HI". So, we stop and go along in traffic for 10-15 minutes talking back and forth until I get to the "what's your number?' stage she pulls ahead when the traffic moves and I keep looking at her and WHAM into the back of some old lady's t-bird and down I go.......the blonde laughs and keeps going.
I pick up my bike while this old bag is out of her car screaming at me about how I just ruined her dead husbands prize T-bird. I have a blown tire, bent rim, bent fork and the blonde is nowhere to be seen. Finally the old lady realizes there is no real damage to her car and leaves......meanwhile I have to walk this bike about 1 mile to a gas station and get a tow to the dealer. My face was red for 2 weeks after I told my buddies. [sm=smiley18.gif]

Think you can work that in?

Old 02-16-2006, 11:45 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Understood Just giving you $hit, I wouldhave done the same thing, depending how good of a friend
ORIGINAL: Scout

Sean, I was young and stupid.

Plus, in the late 70's if I got a bit of remorse about doing a buddies girlfreind, it didn't affect sex life. We were young. There was a million girls out there.

I'm still buddies with the guy, and I haven't seen Sue for years.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Katie
Elite HDF Member

Dumbest was teaching my dog to race me on my bike ( 750 Shadow); he changed direction, I swerved to miss him & grabbed the front brake AND throttle at the same time... missed the dog, but got a mild concussion, broke my collarbone & the tips off 3 ribs in about 3 seconds! Bent the front rim & new windshield, back taillight & put some dents in the tank...

We don't play that game anymore....

Kinkiest-dumbest, was battery-operated... & I'll let you use your imaginations on That thought... ( cop was having trouble talking, so he just went back to his car & drove away...)

Old 02-17-2006, 03:43 AM
SpeedsterX
Elite HDF Member

OH! I FORGOT!

Don't chase your dog when closley following an old lady in a T-Bird!!! LOL!

Old 02-17-2006, 03:35 PM
PEZ
Tourer

My first street bike was a Honda 250 custom. I was parked on the street with the front end pointed out, just like we all do when were parking next cars that are parallel parked. I went to go and started the bike, the front end was pointing in the direction I wanted, so I let the clutch out and before I knew it, laid it down! Damn that steering lock!

Quick Reply: Ok, what's the dumbest thing you ever did on a bike?