General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Road King

Yes , the bars be suckin'. I ride with two RK riders, sometimes they switch with me, I can't ride theirs very long, the backswept bars put me off balance. But aside from that they are real nice bikes. If that is what you want then that is what you should get.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Walkonwater
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am loving my 04 RCI. Great ride and the stage 1 is a great improvement. It took me a bit to get accustomed to the weight but she handles like a dream.
Dislikies? Cleaning the ww's and rear rim. A royal PITA.
I took my friends advice when I was shopping.."Get a fat one!" No regrets with the RCI.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Fat Boy Tim
Tourer

My 03 SERK made my 4th and I wouln't be with out one, best of both worlds. You will never get the smile off your face.

Tim

Old 04-19-2008, 01:32 AM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride a 07 RK Classic and love it. I stepped up for a Herritage Classic and I have to tell you it is a much smother ride. I loved my Softail too, but at 49 I was looking to get a better, smoother ride. Thank you for you service. Tell us about it. What branch are you in, and where are you stationed?

Old 04-19-2008, 01:34 AM
the sniper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there not called road kings for nothing....

you,ll not regret getting one,,,,

Old 04-19-2008, 04:53 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

There are several Co. that offer shocks that will greatly improve the ride over stock.Of course they ride incredibly well on their own Good Luck!

Old 04-19-2008, 05:04 AM
wiseguyups
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a '00 over 60k miles, been riding over 30 yrs,best bike I have ever had. At one time I had a GL1500 great bike but cookie cutter if you know what I mean (got a great deal on it). It's my 4th HD I love them.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:17 AM
testifer
Road Master

have a 08, i dont mind the bars to much...but like the rest said...great bike, but get what you want

Old 04-19-2008, 06:26 AM
jara97
Intermediate

Thanks alot for the good words about service. The military has been very good to be and have about 5 years until retirement. I am in the Active National Guard now but spent the first 7 years in the Army and have been all over the place. I enjoy it and has been an honor for the past 23 years. I am going to go today to Union City Tennessee and look at bikes and I do also like the looks of a few other bikes and I want to make very sure before I place an order. Anyway again seems like a great board and I hope to be hanging around for a long time. One thing I never liked about vtxoa although I enjoyed it when I had my VTX is how they always seem to bash Harleys. (They even have a Honda vs Harley forum). I never liked that and one thing great about this country is freedom to choose. Be proud of what you own and don't slam another guy for what he rides. Just my two cents anyway. Harleys are an iconic american tradition and are a good investment. I lost my tail on my metric when I sold itand look forward to my future Harley. Again thanks for the good information.

James

Old 04-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Redmondp
Tourer

RKC. What a ride.

Quick Reply: Road King