General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Mistake, I'm a moron

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Hardcore21
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding Mistake, I'm a moron

I couldn't resist getting out on my bike a couple days ago, the weather was so nice. Awhile ago on here i posted that i was angry because i broke my foot, well its healing well and i figured it would be a good idea to go riding for a little bit. So i took off my walking boot, and put on my riding boots. The one of my broken foot took 20 min to put on, that should have told me right there it wasn't the best idea to do this. I went out to get on my bike, started riding. I took a lap around town and it was a mistake. I could barely shift, hurt like a SOB, the viberation just killed my foot. I had to park it because of the pain. That was stupid on my part and I'll keep listening to the doctor, yeah I am an idiot, my foot hurt for the next 12 hours. So i'll just bear it and watch this nice weather pass me by for the next few weeks.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:02 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Riding Mistake, I'm a moron

Well, I'll hold off calling you a moron. It is, afterall, riding season (finally) and you have the itch.

Be glad you didn't further injure yourself or even worse, another innocent person.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:07 PM
drfeelgood
Outstanding HDF Member

That post ended much better than I expected. Glad to hear it only hurt for 12 hours thereafter instead of going in for surgery.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Hardcore21
Advanced

I rode because i was confident i could controll the bike and I could. I know I didn't put anyone else in danger, the only problem operating the bike I had was shifting i could do it but not as quickly as i would have liked to. I parked the bike because I was more concerced about myself, such as if the bike would have leaned to far to the left i don't know if my foot would have held up to the weight of the bike. But yeah I would rather hurt myself than cause injury to someone else

Old 04-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

I cant blame you for trying, it's tough not being able to ride this time of year. At least you didnt aggravate it too bad and maybe a couple more weeks and youll be good to go. Good Luck to ya.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:19 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The big test for my smashed ankle was as soon as the doc said "no restrictions" I went out to my bent up bike and assured I could kick it over. I did, it didn't hurt(much), so now I'm mostly healed, I guess.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Kodster
Cruiser

Can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing. Give it time, you'll be back in the saddle before you know it.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:36 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a vasectomy about 3 years ago, two days after the procedure, I went riding on my Sportster. NOT A GOOD IDEA. Man every little bump hurt. But I did get to ride.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:40 PM
meanbite
Road Warrior

I hear ya. Just hang in there. I missed a 5k 2 weeks ago due to a foot injury and it sucked so I just sat by the beach and drank painkillers

Old 04-16-2008, 02:51 PM
69z28
Road Warrior

sometimes the desire to ride overrides common sense.Most of us would have done the same.

Quick Reply: Riding Mistake, I'm a moron