General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting Ride on the way to work.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 01:47 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Interesting Ride on the way to work.....

Did he have a bumper sticker that said "Honk if parts fall off".

Old 04-16-2008, 01:50 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last year I rode my RK to play tennis. Afterwards I set the tennis bag on the luggage rack and we started yapping and I forgot to bungee cord it down. It fell off about 4 miles down the road on my way backand someone was kind enough to yells out I lost something.I did a quick u-turn and I did stop in the median and picked it up- not ride by and swoop it up like a hot shot. But it stayed in place for about 4 miles. Just proves the RK is a nice riding bike.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:06 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bgismo20

So im riding to work this morning & im about 20-30 ft behind a Moped, Well, the moped hits a pump & its tour pack flies in the air, im Like OH CHIT! I could tell it wass gonna hit the ground as I got to it, but even fully on the brakes I knew id have to swerve so I did to the right & it went left, I ran up on the kid & told him to pull over, he did, I told him what happened, & he seemed pissed (Id be too) His Tour PAck damn near exploded on impact & all his tuff was all over the road I felt bad for the kid but I had to go to work& was running late, so i didnt have time to help him clean his stuff up. Im really GLAD I avoided it, If id of hit it I may of went down & I for sure wouldve had damage to the bike, Kinda woke me up a bit though lol
Yea, that stuff will definitely get your attention! Good move.

My DH is a tail gater and I just know his luck will run out one of these days. He insists he's not following that close, but he is.

I've hit a bump before where both my saddlebags flew open. I guess I dropped stuff out for several miles. The people I was riding with picked it up and gave it to me when I finally stopped. DUH...would help to look in the rear view once in a while!!

Old 04-16-2008, 03:05 PM
mnvikingsfan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Gart

Please don't say that after he passed you he hit the bump!

Gart
A Moped is nowhere near those '85 Mini Vans in terms of speed and acceleration!!!!!!!!